PDA

View Full Version : Before/After

scooterguitar
06-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Did my soon to be father-in-law's old, beatup blazer. The thing has tons of paint chips, big ones, smashed rear fender, heavily oxidized, etc. But, I wanted to give it a go.
Used a combo of Simple gReen, cheap wheel cleaner, and PB wheel cleaner, had them take it to the regular old car wash and wash it, as it was way to bad to even attempt to wash myself.
I had to use a QD after the carwash to clean it even more!
Clay bar, many areas had to be ran over up to 8 times. So much crap pulled out I had to scrap the clay! Sounded like sandpaper!
Tried the 4* Paint cleaner, wow impressed me bigtime! It sure helped.
Alcohol/water quick spray to get any excess off. I later learned not necessary because I followed the UPC with Klass AIO. The AIO I used everywhere, jams, moldings, wheels, anything and everything got AIO, and it always works great for me.
Next I tried my newly acquired Klasse SG. I applied super thin and did a panel at a time. I see what everyone means, it can be tricky, and is a beech to get off. I actually use PB SW (figured this owuld be the least harmful to new sealant) on some spots to get it off. Not sure if this affects the sealant, but I didn't care, I was tired of rubbing the dang SG. I will most likely not use it again, my EX-P does great and is easy. We'll see how the SG wears though.
I let it cure in the sun for a few hours.
Used Stoner's Glass Invisible Glass, nice product. Also used Rain X on outside windows. Trying to use it up and get something better, but hey it works.
DP interior protectant. Love this stuff!
DP Spray Surface sealant over AIO on wheels.
Cheap, never ever to buy again, Black Magic tire gel, yuck I hate this stuff!
Three coats of DP Max Wax (just had to try it since it was new to me) on hood, one coat everywhere else. Easy on/off, smells nice. We'll see how it wears and looks tomorrow. Should have stuck with Natty Blue, but what the heck.
Anyway, I was happy and he was very grateful and excited as I turned hid dull beater into a shiny beater fully protected. I think:o
Let's try the pics...

The sun was different on the shots. I have a very old camera and the before nasty look didn't coem out in the pics, oh well!

abrcrombe
06-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Very nice! You made it look like a different car! Very well done. I'm going to be doing a blazer soon, and hopefully mine turns out as nice as yours does. How long did the whole process take?

scooterguitar
06-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Thanks bro! It took all day, almost. About 11-7. Not nearly as nice as I wanted to do, but I need to get a PC, take out the swirls, etc, then it'll be nice.
I told him i coudln;t do anything for the rear bumber (one corner) that is smashed :>) It did polish up nice though!
One big thing on SUVs and vans, etc. is the roof. I kept my Durango pretty clean before this and man, the roof are always bad and neglected.

abrcrombe
06-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Never detailed an SUV before. Did you use like a stepstool to get to the roof?

JeffW
06-11-2006, 08:31 PM
scooterguitar - Looking good! :applause:

Hey, on the tires the WG Black Diamond product is good stuff. The 4* cleaner also has some polish in it to, so do the alcohol treatment before this product or any other chemical cleaner.

Can't wait for you to get a PC! Have fun, man...

JeffW

p.s. That's why I sold the SG :D

p.s.s. Soon to be Father-in-Law? You inviting all your AGonline buds? When's the big date?

scooterguitar
06-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Yep, I got a cheap Doallr Store little square stool, wokrs perfect for me, I am 6'.
Jeff, Alcohol before the cleaner, I thought after to strip any excess polish away?
SG, yeah, leaves those tiny finish marks, a real beech to get off at spots. I'll stick with EXP, will try the Wolfie sometime.
We are getting married at Graceland Aug 7th! Isn't that cool man! So if anyoen will be in Memphis that week, let me knwo, I'm already meeting a few Harley forum gusy who live there. Then when we get back, having a Hog Roast at our house, kinda real laid back approach. Even renting one of those big bounce castles (like at fairs) for little kids, should be great. Anyone near NW OH, come on out, more the merrier! Oh yeah, bring a PC:>)

abrcrombe
06-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Anyone near NW OH, come on out, more the merrier! Oh yeah, bring a PC:>)

LOL, yeah you do need to get your hands on a PC. Just to try it out. Then you will change your priorities and get one.;)

dakevmann
06-12-2006, 12:46 AM
Looks great I used to have a blazer about that year model imagine what a PC could have done anyways great job!

scooterguitar
06-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks man! Figure I'll have the PC by end of summer, just in time to do get it ready for winter.

bluzman
06-12-2006, 10:51 AM
NIce work scoot!!! I found that misting the area very lightly with water will make removing the SG much easier and it wont streak. Im not knocking Klasse b/c its awesome, but the WG sealant is much easier to remove. When you get your PC you will wonder how you got along with out it!!!