PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Restoration guarantee?

andrewbmw
06-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Do you guys offer a Headlight Restoration guarantee? Like a 3 year guarantee that they will not yellow again? I think doing this would be worth it and a great selling point. Myself I put a cquartz delux on the headlights after they are restored which lasts for over a year.

So I was thinking of making up a 3 year guarantee slip for yellowing/oxidation on the outside of the lens. Do any of you guys have this and care to share or show examples?

Thanks!!!

TuxedoTaurus
06-21-2014, 07:09 PM
I am no pro or do this for a living, but maybe a year guarantee if you wanted? Three years is a long time. I have restored headlights on a car that I am borrowing for a year here in Trinidad. After a month they were turning yellow using a Mothers protectant once a week. Now I have not put Dlux or any coating on them. You mentioned that Dlux lasted over a year, I would stipulate a return schedule to inspect it. Too many people would get it done and then who knows what they would use to get bugs off (ie. scotch pad) and jeopardize the integrity of the coating.

Just my opinion.....so prob not worth much.

Evan.J
06-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Just telling you that if you do three years then get ready to redo about every light you do. The moment you give a guarantee people will take every advantage of that and to the fullest extent. The moment they see any issue look to have them come back and want it redone. Time is money and if your are redoing work because of a guarantee you offered then you will be losing money.

IMO I would say if you have any issues in the first 15 days call me and I will take a look at them. If something needs fixed at point fix it after that they will need to pay. Lights are subject to bugs, animals, love bugs, rocks, road rash, etc. and if you can not control those things not can you control how the lights will be cares for.

andrewbmw
06-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Yea I see where you are coming from, great advice thanks!