PDA

View Full Version : What products for daily driver?

BRLAHTI
06-21-2014, 03:46 PM
What are your guys/gals go to products that your currently using on detailing your daily driver's? Compound,polish,LSP?

David Hayward
06-21-2014, 04:15 PM
I used megs d300 correction compound followed by menz sf4000 on my car. Then I've used jet seal, p21s, blacklight, and sonax net shield. Not all at once

Coopers ST
06-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Big supply of Microfibers, good carwash soap (now I have Megs gold class and megs wash and wax). On my wife 2005 Santa Fe that stays outside I use Megs Ultimate line the compound, polish, and wax. I figure for the price I can apply it 4 times a year and still be OK. I also use Megs quick interior cleaner and protectant. On my 2013 Focus ST that stays inside most of the day and night I use Wolfgang twins and sealant. I also use the same Megs interior stuff, but use Lexol stuff on the leather (I did order some Optimum Leather Protectant yesterday). For wheels on both cars I use Eagle 1 A2Z because I got a bunch on clearance for $1.25 (but ordered some Sonax yesterday). Both are DD's one just stays outside all the time one gets parked inside unless I am at a store

HateSwirls
06-21-2014, 05:12 PM
I own two daily drivers.

2008 Black Toyota RAV4
2014 Red Metallic Mitsubishi Mirage.

Being both are dark colors I plan on using the same products.

Polishing

Meguiar's 205
Wolfgang Glossy Paint Sealant, topped with Collinite 845 after cure time for the WG.
When doing a full wash I use the Chemical Guys Maxi-Suds.

I use CG's P-40 as a quick detailer.
DP Rinse Less Wash

For added protection and to maintain the shine I use the Duragloss 951.

That's all I need to get by for maintenance.
For very light defects I like using Optimum Fine Polish or Meguiar's Black Wax.

For an all in one I really like the Meguiar's D-151

With the above products I can really keep my cars looking it's best. :dblthumb2:

The Guz
06-21-2014, 05:58 PM
M205, M21 are my go to products. If I need more correction I'll use D300+ Meguiar's microfiber cutting pad or M101. Ultimate compound is nice to have around as well.

I've not used my Meguiar's white wax but it's good for those quick details.

Paul A.
06-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Just did a 2 stage cut and polish today on my 07 black BMW 335 coupe. After a test spot with Wolfgang TSR 3.0 i found i needed a more aggressive approach so i broke out the Menz PG. Worked that with an orange 5.5" flat pad and got phenomenal results with my rotary. It has been a while since i've used PG and it finished down incredibally well. Switched over to Menz PO106FF (an old bottle and not sure what that's called now...maybe like the 4000?) and worked that on my rotary with a 5.5" white flat pad. That cleaned up very good and left an incredible gloss. It's sitting in the garage and i think i'll hit it with Blackfire Gloss enhancing polish then some Blackfire Wet Diamond tomorrow.

Romans5.8
06-21-2014, 08:23 PM
Everything I own is a 'daily driver'. '14 Mustang convertible, '14 Focus, '06 Kawasaki Vulcan and '11 Honda Shadow aero. My wife and I are driving/riding one of those to work every day depending on the weather.

I just put pinnacle black label paint coating on the focus and will be buying more to do the rest of the vehicles. I think that's the way to go for a daily driver. Excellent protection and stellar looks.

So that's my vote. Get it polished up with whatever you decide, and slap a quality paint coating on there. I like Pinnacle Black Label; others have their favorites. It's just the way to go for a DD. The peace of mind alone is worth the price every time I walk out in the parking lot of a grocery store or out of my office at work and see a bird bomb on the car, or it rains for a week straight and I have no time to wash the car and it's caked in filth; or it snows and the crews dump every ounce of salt they can find in the midwest on the roads along with cinders and everything else; I've got that coating on there so it's really no big deal! (Obviously I still want that stuff off the paint ASAP but, you get the idea. Glad I have a coating and not just wax/sealant).