PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found at Tuesday Morning and Power Surge info/help.

Pages : [1] 2

wytstang
07-28-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm really glad my wife "talked" me into going to it whilst passing it. I looked around and saw nothing so I figured I was just not going to find any around here. Then this godly sun ray shined at the top shelf whilst angels sang softly into my ear Im the MAN
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/IMG_0045Medium-1.jpg
Also while browsing through I found this really nice power surge protector. It's a Pinnacle 6900 Joule power surge protector that was on sale for $40. It's original price is $140+ but is it anybetter then the standard PS that I bought from Home depot? It has some nice feature but I'm not sure I'll ever used thos features. One day (don't know when) I will peice together a nice home theater system. So maybe for future builds I should buy it now? Or is it not worth the $$? Here's a picture
http://i7.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/aa/43/04f6_1.JPG

alban61
07-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Congratulations on your find! How many Brinkmann's did they have left? I went to Tuesday Morning with my wife, this past Tuesday. They had 1 Brinkmann left! I snapped it up quick! The lady at the counter said that her husband loved it, and bought 3. They had some other nice stuff there, but I didn't have the money. Will definitely go back and check it out again.

ScottB
07-28-2007, 09:52 PM
I love my Brinkmann .... and that power protector looks alot like my Monster version in a different color.

wytstang
07-28-2007, 09:55 PM
They only had those 2 so I picked them up real quick. I will check back at the store in a couple of weeks and see if more pop up.

I love my Brinkmann .... and that power protector looks alot like my Monster version in a different color.
Do you find the Moster or boutique PSP better then home depot type protectors?

trlblazer3
07-28-2007, 10:05 PM
That surge protector looks an awful lot like a Monster surge protector I used to have before upgrading to a Power Center. Maybe its "generic" Monster?

FMINUS
07-28-2007, 10:07 PM
There are A LOT of those flashlights at mine. I dont think they are bright enough. I WANT THAT SUN GUN!!!!

I read on the other forum that there is a steam cleaner really cheap there too...

wytstang
07-28-2007, 10:13 PM
FMINUS I saw the steam cleaner put didn't pay much attention to it. I may make a trip back and use it around the house and cars.

That surge protector looks an awful lot like a Monster surge protector I used to have before upgrading to a Power Center. Maybe its "generic" Monster?
bestbuyplasma.com has this one listed for $249.99 so I don't think it's generic. But it's on eBay for $50 so I don't know.

alban61
07-28-2007, 10:23 PM
There are A LOT of those flashlights at mine. I dont think they are bright enough. I WANT THAT SUN GUN!!!!

I read on the other forum that there is a steam cleaner really cheap there too...

The steam cleaner is a Campbell-Hausfeld steamer for $14.99 with accessories. Normally $49.99 They were sold out when I went there. :(

wytstang
07-28-2007, 10:25 PM
So is it a good steamer???If it is I'll pick it up tomorrow.

alban61
07-28-2007, 10:36 PM
^^Not sure how good it is. Haven't found too many reviews on it. It's cheap at Tuesday Morning and at least they take returns and give you your money back. I was planning on using it like you.....around the house and also on the vehicles, to steam clean the carpets and seats. Really want to try to steam clean the engine too, as I'm still wary about hosing down the engine bay. I'll have to check back with them another time.

Nica
07-28-2007, 11:32 PM
oohhh nice Brinkman, I like the Brinkman...good find.

Oh that Surge Protection bar is quite nice, a good friend of mine who's got so much electronic's it's hard to concentrate in his house lots of gadgets all over...well he has a big home theater and spend so much on cables and power surge I was blown away how much. I don't know how good that particular one is though...I'll show my friend the picture...he loves his home theater...I have to admit it's quite nice.

Thanks for sharing.

PhaRO
07-29-2007, 12:58 AM
I have the steamer from Tuesday Morning and 3 of a similar bissell steamer. I bought 3 because they don't make them anymore and I view them as a must have for me. I bought the one from Tuesday Mornings as a comparsion and it is nearly identical and works just as well. It won't do all the things that an expensive steamer would do. It does however take care of small problems with ease. Since it is ready to go in 15-30 seconds, it'll beat the pants off any steamer I know of for quick clean ups. The 18oz of water will steam for quite a while and refilling only takes a couple of seconds plus you don't have to wait for it to cool to do this. In my mobile business I use it to clean out the dirt around consoles, cupholders, spots on carpets and pleats or holes in leather seats. I also steam mats with it. I use the steamer in one hand and my shop vacuum in the other and just steam and vacuum it until clean. I use a generator and if I do that at home I have to run it on 2 circuit or it'll blow. The steamer I think is 13amps. In the winter when I'm working below freezing I use it on wheels to clean them. I use heated water and ONR on the body though. I have clean some interiors before using nothing more then the steamer, my vacuum and a few mf towels.

On an engine it wouldn't work too well since the machine would be difficult to get close enough to the sides of the engine. If it's only dusty and a little dirty it could work but it there is grease and grime it would not.

I think it was $19.95 at the Tuesday Morning around me. At the price it's a no brainer in my book. I probably use mine on a third to a half of the car I clean each week.

ltoman
07-29-2007, 01:11 AM
very nice find, wytstang!!!
enjoy them!

Jimmie
07-29-2007, 01:56 AM
Good find on the Brinkmann's. The Tuesday Morning in my town didn't have them. I took mine in and she said that it looked familiar. They did have the steamer though so back later.

ltoman
07-29-2007, 02:09 AM
Gosh I must be the only one who doesn't have these items, or are even familiar with them.....