PDA

View Full Version : What a lovely day!

Romans5.8
06-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Love these very-hot (but not blistering hot) days for washing the cars! Washed both bikes and both cars this afternoon; lawn mower is next! (Letting it cool down; just got done mowing).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10427275_10154191932210467_3485760544284829909_n.j pg

GettingStarted
06-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Woke up at 6 today to detail the car. Sucks living in Phoenix sometimes.

WAXOFF
06-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Love these very-hot (but not blistering hot) days for washing the cars! Washed both bikes and both cars this afternoon; lawn mower is next! (Letting it cool down; just got https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10427275_10154191932210467_3485760544284829909_n.j pg
Man do you live in a nice neighborhood.

Romans5.8
06-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Man do you live in a nice neighborhood.

It's a "strange" neighborhood. Two beautiful homes on either side of me; all three of us have 3 acre lots down a small one lane road (basically a mini-subdivision). Across my front yard is an ENOURMOUS brick home (has to be in the millions). But across the cross street (can just about see it from my window) is a run down shoddy motel with "weekly and monthly rates available" populated by people who, apparently, don't like shirts. And behind my house are two run down trailers with lots of junk cars in their yard (separated by a treeline but I can hear their dogs all day and all night). No grass; just dirt from all of the chained up dogs.

So if a person would ask me if I live on the nice side of town or the rough part of town; I'd answer "yes".

Romans5.8
06-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Woke up at 6 today to detail the car. Sucks living in Phoenix sometimes.

But it's a dry heat right?

golliger
06-21-2014, 09:15 PM
But it's a dry heat right?

Think about how your body cools itself.
Humidity makes a difference.

Romans5.8
06-21-2014, 09:17 PM
Think about how your body cools itself.
Humidity makes a difference.

Well I was mostly being sarcastic; but I wonder which is better; low or high humidity?

Your body cools itself through evaporative cooling. It's not the water that cools you; it's the water evaporating and taking heat from your body with it. So would it evaporate better/faster/more efficiently in low or high humidity? Hmm, something to ponder.

I live in the midwest though and I have been out west. Places like Pheonix are just HOT. When it's up in the triple digits it's hot no matter the humidity. But I'll take a low-humidity 95 over a high humidity 85 any day. I don't mind the heat; it's the sweltering, sticky, wet, cut-the-air-with-a-knife miserableness that I can't stand. High humidity often comes with a high dew point too.

cardaddy
06-21-2014, 11:22 PM
Well I was mostly being sarcastic; but I wonder which is better; low or high humidity?

Your body cools itself through evaporative cooling. It's not the water that cools you; it's the water evaporating and taking heat from your body with it. So would it evaporate better/faster/more efficiently in low or high humidity? Hmm, something to ponder.

I live in the midwest though and I have been out west. Places like Pheonix are just HOT. When it's up in the triple digits it's hot no matter the humidity. But I'll take a low-humidity 95 over a high humidity 85 any day. I don't mind the heat; it's the sweltering, sticky, wet, cut-the-air-with-a-knife miserableness that I can't stand. High humidity often comes with a high dew point too.

Sounds EXACTLY like you're describing Atlanta weather! :laughing: Not too bad this week, in the 90's, humidity in the 45~55 range during the day, 90%+ at night! But next month it'll be in upper 90's with 80% humidity for weeks on end! :eek:

Just02896
06-22-2014, 12:17 AM
It's a "strange" neighborhood. Two beautiful homes on either side of me; all three of us have 3 acre lots down a small one lane road (basically a mini-subdivision). Across my front yard is an ENOURMOUS brick home (has to be in the millions). But across the cross street (can just about see it from my window) is a run down shoddy motel with "weekly and monthly rates available" populated by people who, apparently, don't like shirts. And behind my house are two run down trailers with lots of junk cars in their yard (separated by a treeline but I can hear their dogs all day and all night). No grass; just dirt from all of the chained up dogs.

So if a person would ask me if I live on the nice side of town or the rough part of town; I'd answer "yes".

OMG! That is pretty damn strange! Do zoning laws not apply where you live?

TurboToys
06-22-2014, 04:01 AM
Sounds EXACTLY like you're describing Atlanta weather! :laughing: Not too bad this week, in the 90's, humidity in the 45~55 range during the day, 90%+ at night! But next month it'll be in upper 90's with 80% humidity for weeks on end! :eek:

i lived in tennesse for 6 years, and some summers when you walked outside you were instantly soaked...

either from sweating or from condensating , lol, wasn't sure which happend first.

Romans5.8
06-22-2014, 08:39 AM
i lived in tennesse for 6 years, and some summers when you walked outside you were instantly soaked...

either from sweating or from condensating , lol, wasn't sure which happend first.

Yep; that's what it's like here! Sticky, soaked and disgusting!

OMG! That is pretty damn strange! Do zoning laws not apply where you live?

There aren't any. This is outside of the city limits and the 'city' is a small rural town of a couple thousand people. Pretty rural place out here.

chet31
06-22-2014, 10:37 PM

Water, including perspiration, will dry faster in low humidity, temperatures being equal. That's why we feel more comfortable in low humidity as it gets warmer.