PDA

View Full Version : When to say when...

Jertronic
06-21-2014, 11:05 AM
In recreationally detailing my vehicles I want to ask the forum if there comes a time when detailing the paint finish should just be left alone. I wash w/ 2 bucket method w/grit gaurds after foaming and rinsing first. Prepared the surface by iron x then clayed. The paint is sealed w/ dp policoat sealant and now has collinite 845 as lsp. I periodically use ONR diluted as quick detailer to remove light dusting or pollen.

I don't want to over do it, but I'm sort of wishing that there was more to do to further enhance or protect. I assume I'm limited by the fact that sealant and then wax are all ready on the paint. Oh yeah, wheels are already sealed and waxed along with all plastic trim protected with einszett 'Gummi Pflege Stift' Rubber Care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brondondolon
06-21-2014, 12:26 PM
Apply a paint coating

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

HateSwirls
06-21-2014, 01:40 PM
I love using the Duragloss 951 spray sealer after each full wash.
It gives me that just waxed shine and adds a little more protection and slickness

Sent from my LG-D800 using AG Online

Jertronic
06-21-2014, 01:44 PM
That's what I'm looking for I guess.... What other spray on sealer type of products would be good? Duragloss 951 and.....?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

inDetail
06-21-2014, 01:56 PM
If you really want more polish the paint that's what will make it shine. Polish once a year and use a glaze for the rest of the year so your not cutting clear coat all the time. Polishing makes paint shine nothing else.