PDA

View Full Version : Water spot prevention on watercraft

kysoti
06-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Hey folks. This is my first post on Autogeek. :xyxthumbs:

I have a Yamaha Waverunner and a Seadoo. Both of them are black which makes inevitable water spots stand out. I have seen some posts in the forum that talk about removing water spots. Those products seem to use acids which makes me nervous to use them on a regular basis. It also seems like that would remove and wax or sealant that I put on it.

Do any of you have suggestions for something that will make it easier to remove water spots when they occur? I tried Sonax Polymer Netshield which did help with sheeting but after a week or two of use, the PWC's are still covered with spots and the Sonax didn't seem to make it easier to remove them.

Would CQuartz or Opti-Coat 2.0 allow the water spots to be removed without cutting or polishing?

rmtaylor51
06-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Just wash with white vinegar mixed with a little water. Works like a charm. I have been using that on all of my boats for years! Very cheap and it works.

brondondolon
06-21-2014, 12:15 PM
White vinegar is an option if the water spots are fresh. I've been pretty amazed by carpro spotless lately. It removed water spots on my windows that vinegar didn't. I would not apply a coating. Water tests to etch coatings pretty easily. I'd apply some colinite 845.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

pro1200
06-22-2014, 05:26 AM
I run my black Sea-Doo in the salt water and a couple coats of Collinite Fleetwax will dramatically reduce the formation of water spots. To top the finish and remove spots I use Boat Bling "Hot Sauce". It's available on Overton's web site.