PDA

View Full Version : Bike leather and metal questions!

parttimer
06-20-2014, 12:07 PM
Since I have this bike coming up, I imagine the leather is different that auto leather since I it usually all done by hand. My plan to clean the leather is to us DP vinyl and leather cleaner. After that should I follow it with DP leather conditioner or 303 fabric protection?
Second on all the chrome and aluminium items would PBL wheel coating after polishing be a good choice?
I bought a slew of popsicle and dowel rods in various sizes to allow me to get into all the nooks and such.

thanks for the help guys!

dpk20x
06-20-2014, 01:55 PM
I don't have much advice but I think I remember in another thread you said you picked up some S100 polishing soap ... Be careful with that stuff and do a small test spot first. I swirled the heck out of my chrome with that stuff. Not sure if it was the sponge or the soap itself but it wasn't pretty!! Good luck and post pics if u can.

Just02896
06-20-2014, 03:37 PM
I use Mothers mag & aluminum polish for chrome and pinnacle leather cleaner and leather conditioner on all leather. DO NOT dress tires or rubber on foot pegs or shifter or any controls for that matter!

parttimer
06-20-2014, 04:53 PM
I saw P21s is pretty tough stuff, I May reserve that for inside the tips if needed. Sounds good on the leather, I guess I'll skip the 303!

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Just02896
06-20-2014, 10:40 PM
I saw P21s is pretty tough stuff, I May reserve that for inside the tips if needed. Sounds good on the leather, I guess I'll skip the 303!

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing wrong with a little extra protection on the leather so long as it doesn't take on any slickness. Seat leather needs to remain soft and grippy.