PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun or Foam Cannon??????

PeterPistol
06-19-2014, 07:34 PM
Was looking to get one of these? What are you suggestions and what would be the best shampoo or foam? I also have a pressure washer!!!

EVOlved
06-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Cannon will definitely provide more foam. It is definitely not a needed step though and will add time to washing. I am an avid user of one but if I'm not wheeling out the pressure washer I definitely won't just to foam.

That said honeydew snow foam foams great from the cannon.

VISITOR
06-21-2014, 02:37 AM
they both have their uses, depends on what you are looking to do. some may not want to drag out the pressure washer every wash...

silverfox
06-21-2014, 03:50 AM
Foaming only adds more time to your wash regime if you continue to use the two bucket method.

By using a foam cannon I've eliminated the need to drag out the buckets. I've figured out that using a product such as a foaming citrus prewash product such as auto finesse avalanche, on a coated car (that's key)...eliminates the need for an additional two bucket wash step. I just hit the paint with the foam, let the presoak product dwell for about 5-10 minutes...hit it again with high pressure rinse...then dry with a waterless wash product using a damp MF towel. The foam and rinse cycle leaves the paint practically entirely clean...the waterless wash safely takes off any remaining stuff the foam and high pressure rinse doesn't. You need a really good cleaning prewash foam (as apposed to a maintenance foam) and I find the Europeans have perfected these types of products, however adding an APC to any foam product has the same effect.

I hear Son1c is developing the type of product here in the states. These heavy cleaning presoak foaming products won't hurt coatings.

Again...this works primarily on a coated car. I've even had success on some sealants such as DG 105 or Sonax Netshield which are both super sealants in my opinion. One winter with DG 105 on my car, I used a commercial local touchless wash the entire winter, and that sealant held up without missing a beat.

sproketser
06-21-2014, 06:51 AM
It s a great tip silverfox !

Tato
06-21-2014, 08:03 AM
I'd lean towards what you use more often. If it's a hose, go for the gun, if it's a pressure washer, go with the cannon.

However, like everything in detailing, it's always good to have both, and each time you can pick the best tool for the work you're performing.

Regarding soap to be used, honestly, I've found mostly every 'branded' soap like CG, Megs, DP, etc will foam great on the cannon. It's just a matter of adjusting the concentration.

Kind Regards.