PDA

View Full Version : Tear on back leather seat, help?

jtrade
06-19-2014, 06:37 PM
Can anyone offer tips/suggestions in helping me repair this tear that is on the back seat? The seat is perforated leather...

http://i.imgur.com/3ryxeDo.jpg

Thanks,

J

swanicyouth
06-19-2014, 06:50 PM
You can do it yourself. They make kits/patches/colorant/ etc... But, honestly, if your looking for a repair that is close to undetectable - I'd hire a leather pro and just be done with it. Most will not charge a ton of money to fix something so small.

Just02896
06-19-2014, 06:52 PM
You can do it yourself. They make kits/patches/colorant/ etc... But, honestly, if your looking for a repair that is close to undetectable - I'd hire a leather pro and just be done with it. Most will not charge a ton of money to fix something so small.

:iagree:

Ram truck?

jtrade
06-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Thanks... I was not sure how big a deal it was...I just want to make it so it doesnt get "worse" with minimal aesthetic damage...

A guess a good upholstery/leather shop in the area will be searched for via Google...

Thank you...

J

swanicyouth
06-19-2014, 07:06 PM
Where be you?

jtrade
06-19-2014, 07:06 PM
It's actually my friends Kia Optima...

J

:iagree:

Ram truck?

My friend lives in Maryland... Just trying to help him out since he is not a member of any detailing forums...

I asked if he had been using leather conditioner on them & he said yes Lexol but the front seats get more attention...

Where be you?