PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang DP Paint Sealant 3.0 & Rain

Thira
06-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Hi all.
Great forum and thanks for having me as a member.

My daughter returned from college out of state.

Yesterday I detailed her car (2007 Mini Cooper).

After washing and drying the car, I followed with Griot Paint clay and Griot Speed Shine as lubricant.

I then used a Griot buffer to apply Wolfgang DP Paint Sealant 3.0. After 45 minutes, the car was wiped with a microfiber cloth.

The car was in our garage for 4-5 hours. My daughter then took off in the car, and the car was driven through the south Florida torrential summer thunderstorms.

The instructions for the Car Paint sealant state that it takes 12 hours for the sealant to bind to the car paint. It also states that moisture has a detrimental effect on the sealant polymers.

I had planned to follow the 12 hour bonding period with a coat of Pinnacle Carnuba wax.

So what is the story now on the Wolfgang Paint Sealant? Is it gone? Should I take off whatever sealant is left? Can I just wash the car and wax it?

I prefer to do the right thing. I had the car looking good.

Thanks in advance!Feed back please:buffing:

HateSwirls
06-19-2014, 03:37 PM
Do a rinse less wash and apply another coat just to make sure you have good protection.
No need to remove the first coat.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AG Online

c8n
06-19-2014, 03:46 PM
I think you are fine.
The 12 hr cure time is a bloated one if you ask me but nonetheless, at the worst you will probably lose some durability but hardly doubt the rainstorm will strip it.

Yeah, when the car is back just give it a wash and put on another coat of DGPS and you should be good to go.

swanicyouth
06-19-2014, 04:06 PM
I say it's fine.

Bob will say it's ruined.

FUNX650
06-19-2014, 09:48 PM
I say it's fine.

"It's ruined". ~Bob

custmsprty
06-19-2014, 09:53 PM
I say it's fine.

"It's ruined". ~Bob

Partially ruined

:laughing: :doh:

Paul A.
06-19-2014, 10:31 PM
I agree with those who have said give it a wash and add another layer. Then steal her keys and wait. :xyxthumbs: