PDA

View Full Version : Foam cannon wash methods

Grifffx4
06-19-2014, 09:00 AM
Just got a FC a couple of weeks ago and was wondering about some methods of use.

Would it be logical to foam a vehicle and (instead of letting it dwell for 5mins) then wash it by hand with the foam? Maybe use a hybrid method of GDWM by using several MF towels in a bucket of soap, using one towel per section.

jamesboyy
06-19-2014, 10:08 PM
Yes you could foam the vehicle down and go straight to washing though be aware that you may have a higher risk of causing scratching, marring etc cause of the potential contamination if you don't rinse the vehicle thoroughly first and if you use your suggested method be sure to lightly wipe the vehicle in one direction followed by rubbing the mitt on grit guard in clean water and repeat this process until every part of the paintwork is done another method would be touch less meaning you foam the vehicle down let it dwell then rinse thoroughly then either pat dry or blow dry followed by wiping up the excess water

swanicyouth
06-19-2014, 10:20 PM
That method doesn't make much sense to me...The whole point of foaming is to remove as much dirt as possible before touching the paint by allowing soap to dwell - then pressure rinsing it off. If your skipping rinsing it off - then just wet the car and wash it.

LRC3
06-19-2014, 11:35 PM
I pw first throughly, then foam, then goto town with my mitt.

No buckets...

At the same time my trucks never flithy, I wash about twice a month. And wipe down 1-2 a week with UWW+.