PDA

View Full Version : water less wash products

marlonrg3
06-19-2014, 07:32 AM
does anybody know where i can get these type of products without having to order from amazon or any other online retailer really want to try and use there types of products and see how they work on my car

Coopers ST
06-19-2014, 07:33 AM
I think my local orileys has a meguiars one

inDetail
06-19-2014, 08:25 AM
I have never seen them OTC. Garry Dean's Infinite Use Detail Juice makes a 1 oz sample for $10 and a bottle of RTU for $15. That's enough to give it a test. The only other one I would say is really a great product is UWW+.
Just be careful and read the dillution ratio's for the application you intend to use it for then you can figure out your cost per use. There are quite a few products on the market that end up being a little costly in the end.
With UWW+ and Detail juice it will cost about $4-$5 per gallon mixed with distilled water to make RTU.
Keep in mind when doing a rinseless wash you are using more concentrate per gallon of water for that application.

parttimer
06-19-2014, 08:29 AM
Turtle wax had a rinseless wash available Oct.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

tiSS'er
06-19-2014, 09:09 AM
Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere can be bought OTC. It works very well and easily completes with Pinnacle and UWW+. However, the OTC version is a bit pricey for regular use. Products like UWW+ and Pinnacle are far better values if you plan to use waterless regularly, and best to order from AG.

Keep in mind that rinseless and waterless are 2 different methods of washing. UWW+ can be used in either case (and is a great value for either method), Meguiars UWWA is designed to be used as a waterless.

Chevota Guy
06-19-2014, 09:12 AM
My local Orielly's stock Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere. It's a little pricey at about $12.50, but the product is fantastic.

NYV6Coupe
06-19-2014, 09:38 AM
Duragloss #931 rinse less wash is available at many Car quest and NAPA stores

FishyX
06-19-2014, 10:36 AM
Griots Spray on is available at Advance Auto. $14.99 gets you a big 22 oz. bottle and online codes can make it much cheaper. Pretty good product that I've been using for about 3 years.

Badlilstang
06-19-2014, 12:44 PM
How does waterless wash work on a car that is real dirty? I have ONR and use it between washes. My car never gets that dirty but what about the guys who get mud etc on thier rides? Is there a point where you say this is not waterless wash safe?

parttimer
06-19-2014, 01:19 PM
really dirty isn't a good choice for waterless/rinseless. You could pressure wash the thick stuff off then rinseless but I wouldn't do waterless on something dirty. Waterless/Rinsless is fine for dust!

Badlilstang
06-19-2014, 01:25 PM
really dirty isn't a good choice for waterless/rinseless. You could pressure wash the thick stuff off then rinseless but I wouldn't do waterless on something dirty. Waterless/Rinsless is fine for dust!

That is kinda what I thought but then I see Chemical Guys doing it on a filthy black ride that I feel they should not have been using it on. I am curious how Gary Dean handles the super dirt cars. He is all about waterless.. honestly I prefer the all out Foam canon method everytime but I don't always have time for that.

tiSS'er
06-19-2014, 02:19 PM
How does waterless wash work on a car that is real dirty? I have ONR and use it between washes. My car never gets that dirty but what about the guys who get mud etc on thier rides? Is there a point where you say this is not waterless wash safe?

I use waterless for light dusting (in the past I would use a QD, but waterless seems safer). If dust is a bit heavier, or if my car has been rained on I will rinseless the car with ONR. If I have driven through a rain storm, I will likely do a traditional wash. My car never sees real dirt.

ScottB
06-19-2014, 04:07 PM
Some of our brands are boutique and will only be found online, but others should be available locally. Here is a way to recognize the bottles:

Waterless car wash products, ecotouch waterless wash, griots waterless wash, optimum onr, automotive waterless car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/waterless-car-wash-products.html)

Megs, Mothers, and Duragloss come to mind.