PDA

View Full Version : Worst QD EVER

02CAMSS
07-28-2007, 06:08 PM
First I would like to say that this is not a autogeek product and I told two of the moderators I was posting this.With that said lets start.I have been reading all the hype on this forum about CG so I decieded to try some.I placed an order for a few items and the guy told me he would throw in some free synthetic QD so when I recieved my package I checked the invoice and noticed a very high shipping charge as I looked I saw the handling was as much as the QD so it was not so free after all.Now today I tried the CG synthetic QD and boy what junk!It left the paint really grabby feeling and not slick at all.The shine did not improve at all this stuff went to my trash with lightning speed!I would these results from a cheap chain store brand but not the mighty CG that are spoke so highly of.The other stuff I recieved was a let down also(XXX could not get its shine up for nothin).I once posted in a forum that one of there products was one of my ten best but after it did not last long in average weather I take that back.So with this said I will stick to aqua wax or crystal mist and that if these guys prices are what draws some of you in then I recommend trying DP or Poorboys because they are far better products.

hydro556
07-28-2007, 06:14 PM
What product are you talking about? I wish you guys would use the proper name of a product at least once in a post. Use acronyms therafter, then newer people will have a chance to know what you are talking about. Not bashing you, just trying to make the forum more useable to everyone. Sorry about your bad luck, and that "free" claim with jacked up shipping would piss me off. I would ask for a refund on the shipping.

02CAMSS
07-28-2007, 06:15 PM
synthetic quick detailer

hydro556
07-28-2007, 06:24 PM
02CAM, probably a stupid question, what is CG? I have seen it a hundred times but dont remember.

07ImpalaSS
07-28-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm pretty sure CG = Chemical Guys

ltoman
07-28-2007, 06:54 PM
yep cg means chemical guys.

Strokin04
07-28-2007, 06:57 PM
First I would like to say that this is not a autogeek product and I told two of the moderators I was posting this.With that said lets start.I have been reading all the hype on this forum about CG so I decieded to try some.I placed an order for a few items and the guy told me he would throw in some free synthetic QD so when I recieved my package I checked the invoice and noticed a very high shipping charge as I looked I saw the handling was as much as the QD so it was not so free after all.Now today I tried the CG synthetic QD and boy what junk!It left the paint really grabby feeling and not slick at all.The shine did not improve at all this stuff went to my trash with lightning speed!I would these results from a cheap chain store brand but not the mighty CG that are spoke so highly of.The other stuff I recieved was a let down also(XXX could not get its shine up for nothin).I once posted in a forum that one of there products was one of my ten best but after it did not last long in average weather I take that back.So with this said I will stick to aqua wax or crystal mist and that if these guys prices are what draws some of you in then I recommend trying DP or Poorboys because they are far better products and for those off you CG fans who want to sling mud because of what I have said go ahead because I now know your car shine is very lackluster.Please Autogeek do not carry this trash.

Great review, I really enjoyed the single minded statement that anyone who disagrees and likes chemical guy’s products must have an uninspiring finish. I have used plenty of products that I did not care for but, would never come to the conclusion that anyone that uses it most be a complete moron if they are pleased with the outcome and that their car would look better if they used something else. I am also amazed that just the other day the moderators wanted AG members to only discuss AG sold products but, if it is a bash on other company’s then it is allowed. :rolleyes:

hydro556
07-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I thought it was okay to discuss other brands, just not to link to their sites.

02CAMSS
07-28-2007, 07:14 PM
[quote=Strokin04]Great review, I really enjoyed the single minded statement that anyone who disagrees and likes chemical guy’s products must have an uninspiring finish. I have used plenty of products that I did not care for but, would never come to the conclusion that anyone that uses it most be a complete moron if they are pleased with the outcome and that their car would look better if they used something else. I am also amazed that just the other day the moderators wanted AG members to only discuss AG sold products but, if it is a bash on other company’s then it is allowed. :rolleyes: [/uote

Please read again what I said."I said for those of you who sling mud" like you are doing and I am not bashing I am just calling it like I see it!

Thejoyofdriving
07-28-2007, 07:21 PM
I guess we are allowed to write reviews about competator products as long as the review is negative, so that it makes AG's products look better:rolleyes:

FMINUS
07-28-2007, 08:00 PM
The purple synthetic QD is one of my favorites, the XXX wax is just like MAXWAX and SS2, so if you dont like the XXX, then stay away from those other 2 also.

And Yea you're right, my cars really dont shine at all, sigh....
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/DSC02392.JPG
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/DSC02383.JPGhttp://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/DSC02145.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/DSC02282.JPG

Strokin04
07-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Please read again what I said."I said for those of you who sling mud" like you are doing and I am not bashing I am just calling it like I see it!

I did read your post and I would have said the same thing no matter what company you are bashing. It comes down to your opinion on what you like and no one can make you like a product or certain brand. However it is really absurd to put down those who do like that brand by saying they are not achieving the best they could because you did not like that certain brand. You saying I am slinging mud is a good example of the pot calling the kettle black because your OP was nothing but a mud sling to that company and anyone that likes what they offer.

Surfer
07-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Never used that product but I have a couple of their others (CG 5050 wax, EZ-Creme Glaze etc) and love them. All companies have bad apples, two AG products I didn't care for, as well as other companies,....but the good outweighs the bad by far:D

ScottB
07-28-2007, 08:20 PM
I guess we are allowed to write reviews about competator products as long as the review is negative, so that it makes AG's products look better:rolleyes:

In the future, take it to PM ! Contrary to belief we all have families and life outside of forum and not here 24/7. ;)

Post locked as discussion is on outside line , and not considered approved by Mod or Admin to my knowledge.