PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for one step.

Pages : [1] 2

Tonyace_121
06-18-2014, 10:30 AM
I am about to do a one step on my brothers 2010 Blue Tundra. Its never been waxed or polished. Still...the paints not too bad...mainly swirls and a few RIDS. It has been washed on a regular basis and looks decent from a distance. Out of my arsenal of products...what do you suggest? I have: M105/205....UC/UP...XMT FSR..XMT Finishing Glaze...Rupes Zephir, Quartz and Keramik...Megs #6 Cleaner Wax....#7 Show Car Glaze..#27 Hi-tech Yellow Wax... #27 Synthetic sealant 2.0 and Megs NXT Tech Wax 2.0. For Pads I have...Megs MF cutting and finishing..Rupes, all except white...and LC Orange, White and Black. I want to do what I call a one-step....AIO with an addional layer of protection of some kind....or a Straight Compound or Polish...with an additional layer of protection. I will be using a brand new Rupes Duetto and a PCXP. Thanks...Tony

P.S. Test spot will depend on results of concensus..:)

trekkeruss
06-18-2014, 11:36 AM
I'd recommend testing the Megs #6 first since it is the only true AIO in your arsenal. It might be good enough that you wouldn't have to do separate polishing and waxing steps.

Tonyace_121
06-18-2014, 11:40 AM
Thank you...been thinking about that myself. Just thought I'd open it up for suggestions since I am a noob. :)

mwoolfso
06-18-2014, 02:24 PM
XMT FSR#2 could be a good one-step if the swirls are minor.

Tonyace_121
06-18-2014, 02:58 PM
XMT FSR#2 could be a good one-step if the swirls are minor.
Thanks...:)

inDetail
06-18-2014, 03:28 PM
On softer clear coats Menzerna Full Acrylic Jacket and orange foam. It's a great AIO and has more cut then most AIO's. It still has cleaners in it but it can tackle minor swirls without a problem in soft clears. It also has a decent work time and does not dry up quick like others I have used. Menzerna does not offer it in the line anymore but you can still find it.
The only other AIO that I know of with good cutting ability is Werkstat Prime Strong.

Tonyace_121
06-18-2014, 03:39 PM
On softer clear coats Menzerna Full Acrylic Jacket and orange foam. It's a great AIO and has more cut then most AIO's. It still has cleaners in it but it can tackle minor swirls without a problem in soft clears. It also has a decent work time and does not dry up quick like others I have used. Menzerna does not offer it in the line anymore but you can still find it.
The only other AIO that I know of with good cutting ability is Werkstat Prime Strong.
Thank you...I'm gonna try to work with what I have. I'm still learning and want to see what I can do with what I have. But I will keep your suggestion in mind for future products. :)

FUNX650
06-18-2014, 03:58 PM
I am about to do a one step on my brothers 2010 Blue Tundra.

I want to do what I call a one-step....AIO with an addional layer of protection of some kind....

Out of my arsenal of products...what do you suggest?

•Megs #6 Cleaner Wax
Then:
•#27 (26?) Hi-tech Yellow Wax...Or:
•#27 (21?) Synthetic sealant 2.0

For Pads...
•LC Orange, White and Black.

Bob

Tonyace_121
06-18-2014, 06:43 PM
•Megs #6 Cleaner Wax
Then:
•#27 (26?) Hi-tech Yellow Wax...Or:
•#27 (21?) Synthetic sealant 2.0

For Pads...
•LC Orange, White and Black.

Bob
Thanks....sorry for the typo. I really like the Hi-tech yello wax. I used it on my mustang a couple of weeks ago and it still looks amazing.
:xyxthumbs:

Just02896
06-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Sonax PF cuts and finishes really well on toyota paint!

WAXOFF
06-18-2014, 07:46 PM
I use Megs D151.

zerix
06-18-2014, 07:58 PM
HD Adapt

jakescakes
06-19-2014, 01:05 AM
I feel like some people didn't read the OP.

You have a lot of cool products/pads to play with, lots of possible combo's for a 1-step. :xyxthumbs:

Since you're new to the Duetto and have the Rupes products why not familiarize yourself with their system and find a nice combo. Maybe start with the yellow pad and yellow polish and see what kind of finish that leaves. If you need more cut, bump up either the pad or polish to the green. I feel like that combo should leave a pretty nice finish on soft Toyota paint. If you have the time of course, a 2-step process would be even better using their blue compound and finishing with the yellow polish.

Let us know what you end up choosing and maybe post some pics!

Hazcat
06-19-2014, 01:29 AM
Once you get out the swirls the rids will stick out something awful so I'd have a plan to go after them unless he's just going to put them back in again. Sounds like you'll have to have the talk with him. It may not even be worth worrying about all the swirls if he's not on board with preventing them in the future.

Tonyace_121
06-19-2014, 01:57 AM
HD Adapt
Thanks for the input. :)