PDA

View Full Version : Road paint...

Paul A.
06-17-2014, 09:51 PM
I finally drove through some road paint today! I was pissed but in the scheme of life...no biggie. My beautifully pristine BMW Black Sapphire Metallic paint on the rocker panels are now white on the drivers side. Didn't see it until it baked on in the FL sun for about 6 hours. And the worst part is i didn't violate any protective traffic cones or anything that would've indicated it was just put down. Stupid road crew people just left it in traffic somewhere.

Came home and while the engine was still creaking from heat i grabbed the only thing i had...Goo Gone and an old MF towel i can now throw out.

No real point to this other than throwin it out to maybe the only community i have that might understand how utterly disturbing that is. 98% of the planets population might go "ahhh, poop, look at that" and leave it until they sell the car!

We can't!

mcochris
06-17-2014, 10:16 PM
Sorry to hear that. Did the goo gone work?

Paul A.
06-17-2014, 10:19 PM
Yes it did but more work than mineral spirits might've been. Wouldn't you know, i just used up all of my quart of mineral spirits about 2 weeks ago. I NEVER use that stuff and had that can for maybe 2-3 years!

CopperMtnGuy
06-18-2014, 09:03 AM
If the goo gone didn't work I was going to say gasoline works. Had the same thing happen to me when I lived in Tampa...it's a Tampa thing? Lol

mwoolfso
06-18-2014, 10:47 AM
Yes it did but more work than mineral spirits might've been. Wouldn't you know, i just used up all of my quart of mineral spirits about 2 weeks ago. I NEVER use that stuff and had that can for maybe 2-3 years!

LOL!!!! :iagree:and resemble that remark