PDA

View Full Version : Great site

galen
07-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Hey everyone. Just stumbled onto this site. It has a lot of very good info. I have a black car that needs some fine tuning so I'll be asking questions in other forums. I'm in northern Missouri, close to Kansas City. Later G

JoeD
07-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Welcome galen, you came to the right site. No Need to ask questions on other forums this forum has some wonderful, qualified detailers that are willing to help you with what ever questions you might have and AutoGeek is the place to purchase your detailing needs. There service and quality are the best.

galen
07-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanks Joe. It's about 92 out right now in little old Smithville. My shop is not air conditioned so I'm going to wait until it cools down a little before I jump into the getting a perfect finish. I have a pc 7524 but have never used it. I'm a little intimidated but once I get the steps down I'll be OK. G

Rsurfer
07-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Welcome to the forum and ask away. Lots of pro's here that will give you some solid advise.

Rsurfer
07-28-2007, 05:04 PM
What products will you be using with your PC?

galen
07-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Well I have some that were recomemded to me but I don't know a damn thing about working a finish. I just know that the finish is pretty good on my X but it still needs to be better. I bought the car a month and a half ago, and now I'm seeing little things that the dealer's detail man hid. There are fine swirl marks in one door and little stuff all over. I have bought Menzerna Final Polish II, and Finishing Touch Glaze. Then I also have Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. My car is fiberglass so the guy that sold me this stuff said this was what I needed for it. No heet build up. I'll have to go to the shop to see what pads I have. I know I sound like a dumb-a$$ but I just don't know about this stuff. It can't be that hard. Is it? Thanks.

Rsurfer
07-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Well I have some that were recomemded to me but I don't know a damn thing about working a finish. I just know that the finish is pretty good on my X but it still needs to be better. I bought the car a month and a half ago, and now I'm seeing little things that the dealer's detail man hid. There are fine swirl marks in one door and little stuff all over. I have bought Menzerna Final Polish II, and Finishing Touch Glaze. Then I also have Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. My car is fiberglass so the guy that sold me this stuff said this was what I needed for it. No heet build up. I'll have to go to the shop to see what pads I have. I know I sound like a dumb-a$$ but I just don't know about this stuff. It can't be that hard. Is it? Thanks.

No it's not that hard. Sounds like you have some good products. Remember just one thing when polishing especially on black, go with the least aggressive pad and polish. If your not getting the results you want than move up to something more aggressive. You should be fine. Good Luck

galen
07-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Great state Rsurfer. Went to big Island in 2000. Rented a car and drove to Volcano. Ask the locals the best way to get to the vent. Boy was that a mistake! I walked 6 mile through the jungle and finally got there. But by the time I was to be back, my wife panicked. And called the first responders. (volunteer fire) Well thats another story. LOL

Rsurfer
07-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Great state Rsurfer. Went to big Island in 2000. Rented a car and drove to Volcano. Ask the locals the best way to get to the vent. Boy was that a mistake! I walked 6 mile through the jungle and finally got there. But by the time I was to be back, my wife panicked. And called the first responders. (volunteer fire) Well thats another story. LOL
LOL Funny, guess it wasn't funny at the time.

07ImpalaSS
07-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Nica
07-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Welcome to AutoGeek, lots of members here willing to share...there are a few pro's here. Just remember there is no such thing as a dumb question, all questions are welcomed here. By the way you got some wicked products, Menzerna is my favorite polish. I haven't tried Blackfire but I've heard good things about Blackfire.

galen
07-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks Nica.

Tonya
07-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Welcome galen!!! You will feel right at home soon. This is a great bunch of people who are always willing to help. I have found the search very helpful. Most of the questions I have had were answered in previous post.

galen
07-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Yes, I guess that would be right. Most subjects have probably been discussed. I still like the one on one conversing. But I will take your advice. Thanks. G