PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars M26 Stained Trim

dcjredline
06-17-2014, 08:39 AM
I thought that M26 wouldnt stain trim? Did a 2014 Silverado with black grill and right by both headlights on the corner of the fenders there is a swipe mark from where I musta hit with the foam pad while waxing. I used M26 so I wouldnt get the wax residue. Now I know I have to be more careful with it...

Does anyone else see that with M26?? Hi-Tech Yellow Wax

FUNX650
06-17-2014, 09:39 AM
I thought that M26 wouldnt stain trim? Did a 2014 Silverado with black grill and right by both headlights on the corner of the fenders there is a swipe mark from where I musta hit with the foam pad while waxing. I used M26 so I wouldnt get the wax residue. Now I know I have to be more careful with it...

Does anyone else see that with M26?? Hi-Tech Yellow Wax
I usually don't.
And:

Michael Stoops stated on:
Jul 17th, 2009, 07:01 AM...That:
"M26 dries clear so it shouldn't be an issue. As always, however, it's best to use a little caution when applying wax around those areas anyway."

So...(wondering aloud):
Would an update be in order?

Bob

EWtheDETAILER
06-17-2014, 10:02 AM
M26 doesn't actually dry "clear" and it will stain/leave white residue on trim piecs. M26 goes on yellow and drys to a light white color. Awesome wax, but you do have to be carful around the trim pieces. :buffing:

dcjredline
06-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Im glad its not just me. I was pretty careful still even though I believed it didnt stain. The two spots are OBVIOUSLY from me cause its only been 3 weeks since Ive done that truck. I used Duragloss 271 trim detailer that day too fyi.

I will be more careful from now on, just wanted to let everyone else know also. Ill try to get some pix tonight.

SUGARCANE MAN
06-17-2014, 04:57 PM
I either treat them first or I mask them if buffing