PDA

View Full Version : Armor All Tire Foam

Surfer
07-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Had to mention again how great this stuff is, Trim Restorer and other products even from Duragloss never worked well on any of our vehicles trims. Armor All Tire Foam though rocks, the cleaning action is great and it leaves a nice, dry, freshly dressed trim look that beads water off and last. Best part is you can use it before washing and leave sit, then wipe/wash off anything that got on the paint (doesn't stain and is easy to remove even with qd'er). Sideview mirrors, wiper cowel, rear bumper, engine etc, works great on anything and safe too use.

This is what I've been using for a long time, none of the other trim stuff seems to work.

ehuth1
07-28-2007, 04:04 PM
:iagree:

ecetim
07-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Best part is you can use it before washing and leave sit, then wipe/wash off anything that got on the paint (doesn't stain and is easy to remove even with qd'er). Sideview mirrors, wiper cowel, rear bumper, engine etc, works great on anything and safe too use.That's a great idea, thanks! I agree, the product works great.

Surfer
07-28-2007, 04:28 PM
For my black trim eventually I'll use one of the dyes as faded trim is just going to happen in the FL sun even with protection. But Armor All Foam works great on it, but mainly I used it b/c of my grey trim as theres no dye or similar product for the color I have.

Rsurfer
07-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Hi Surfer, does aa have silicone in it?

Surfer
07-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Hi Surfer, does aa have silicone in it?They switched to a waterbased formula years ago, the old stuff was crap. The foam seems like any other foam spray, definitley not greasy which other silicone products do. It drys dry, and it has good cleaning action.

I use the Regular version, I think they have 1 ot 2 above it that are shinier, but I love the Regular version. Ask Justin and any of the other pro-detailers that use it, excellent product. Wish AG carried it lol.

Rsurfer
07-28-2007, 05:45 PM
They switched to a waterbased formula years ago, the old stuff was crap. The foam seems like any other foam spray, definitley not greasy which other silicone products do. It drys dry, and it has good cleaning action.

I use the Regular version, I think they have 1 ot 2 above it that are shinier, but I love the Regular version. Ask Justin and any of the other pro-detailers that use it, excellent product. Wish AG carried it lol.
Thanks Surfer, does the can say regular version or is there some kind of logo on the can to identify it?

FMINUS
07-28-2007, 07:50 PM
That used to be my sole and only tire shine, Now I use the AA gel

Surfer
07-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks Surfer, does the can say regular version or is there some kind of logo on the can to identify it?Can't remember, its in the garage and to tired to get and walk to it and look :D lol. Pretty sure it says Regular on it, I'll let you know.

That used to be my sole and only tire shine, Now I use the AA gelAA Extreme Gel is pry my favorite overall tire dressing, cheap, and works excellent with good durability. Little goes a long way (bottle seems to last forever), 1st time I used it I spread it on and it just looked like nothing special...put another coat on thinking I didn't use enough, and about 15 minutes later damn, was a bling bling tire lol. One thin coat is all thats needed.

AA Tire Foam and Extreme Gel are definitley must have products. The tire foam is really impressive though, it cleans good, and leaves an awsome dry sheen that last. Especially if your a pro-detiler, perfect product to have to keep tires up, clean and protect engines etc.

ScottB
07-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Gotta close post as outside products on AG , sorry ! I too use the sprays in wheelwells however.