PDA

View Full Version : getting started

marlonrg3
06-16-2014, 03:58 PM
a month ago i bought a 2010 Honda civic that i fell in love with.
i spend about 2 1/2 hrs washing my blue car. anyway my real question is. there is so many products,videos, and so call experts where do i start. i just want to keep my car clean and nice. i live in a apartment complex so all i have access to is coin operated car wash. tired every pay period running out buying the latest greatest off of amazon. i don't have access to a outlet where i wash my car so i cant use any power tools to really polish my car so that's a step i skip. any way a basic starter kit that you could recommend would be great

VP Mark
06-16-2014, 04:27 PM
Bottle of ONR
Quality MF towels
Tire Dressing
Interior cleaner
Glass cleaner
Wax or sealant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

ducksfan
06-16-2014, 04:35 PM
A hand pump sprayer, some good waterless wash (Ultimate Washerless Wash +, ONR with Wax), some good microfiber towels (enough to make a wash load or two), and Optimum GPS (You can put this on by hand).

Apply the GPS every 3-6 months and do the waterless wash as often as you can ( You don't have to do the entire car to make it look better. The hood, one side, etc. Just start by doing one section and stop when you don't feel like doing any more. Most people end up doing more than they started out to do.)

I've set people up with this system and it's worked pretty well for them. Later, when you have more time or tools, you can add on to this system. But, until then it will keep your paint (and plastic - including headlights) in good shape.

Rmd
06-16-2014, 04:35 PM
Absolutely agree with Mark. Buy optimum no-rinse, a dozen good MF towels to wash with (look for 600 gsm range). Towels will cost a bit initially, but you will be set up for a long time. Check out videos for one bucket Garry dean method car wash. You will be all set for washing your car at your apartment complex instead of the pay one.

Get the other stuff Mark recommended for cleaning and protecting.