PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Snow Foam in MTM Canon?

Badlilstang
06-16-2014, 03:35 PM
I was reading the bottle it said no dilution when using an MTM foam canon. If that is the case wont it get very expensive to use? Or do you guys just fill hte foam canon's up maybe half way instead of totally full? Thx for any advice.

Tacket
06-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Subscribed. I've been looking for the proper setting to use for CP SF with a foam gun as well.

FrankS
06-16-2014, 04:59 PM
I was reading the bottle it said no dilution when using an MTM foam canon. If that is the case wont it get very expensive to use? Or do you guys just fill hte foam canon's up maybe half way instead of totally full? Thx for any advice.

You can use the Snow Foam at no dilution (or neat) if want the maximum amount of iron removal but this can be rather costly. If you want to use it as a surface prep for stripping wax and some sealants then mix it 1:8, that is about 3 or 4 oz of the Snow Foam and the rest water in the 32 oz container.

Regular Iron X will still be stronger than the Snow Foam at full strength (or neat). I like to use the Snow Foam as a surface prep and then Iron X spray afterwards for iron removal. Hope this helps.

Badlilstang
06-16-2014, 05:50 PM
You can use the Snow Foam at no dilution (or neat) if want the maximum amount of iron removal but this can be rather costly. If you want to use it as a surface prep for stripping wax and some sealants then mix it 1:8, that is about 3 or 4 oz of the Snow Foam and the rest water in the 32 oz container.

Regular Iron X will still be stronger than the Snow Foam at full strength (or neat). I like to use the Snow Foam as a surface prep and then Iron X spray afterwards for iron removal. Hope this helps.

Thanks, my detail guy who did my Cquartz Finest told me to do the Snow Foam washes every few car washes or so to keep any iron out of my coating. I am still new to detailing and trying to learn proper steps for a decontamination process before I HYDR02 what I am working on (not my car). I ordered some Iron-X also. I had heard to do a Dawn wash to help remove any previous wax etc... then Foam the car with Snow Soap, Clay Bar, and wash again wiht Dawn and then apply HYDR02. What I am seeing on here is a 100 different ways to do the job and I am sure it can be done correctly multiple ways.