PDA

View Full Version : Show boards

DetailKitty
06-16-2014, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure the name of them, but many people have boards with pics and descriptions of mods/restoration/work done to their cars that they display with the car.

Do any of you have them and if so, what do you have on them? My husband wants me to make him one and I'm not entirely sure how to approach the design.

Thanks!

refreshauto
06-16-2014, 12:11 PM
do a Google search on car show sign stands. lots of pics come up

DetailKitty
06-16-2014, 12:38 PM
do a Google search on car show sign stands. lots of pics come up

Argh!
That makes too much sense :D

07gtcs
06-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Just a hint from ones I see and hear feedback on........the car is there, so don't use a bunch of pictures of the car to fill up the space. I want to see what has been done, what makes it special and or the history of the car.

Just my $0.02 worth.

DetailKitty
06-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Just a hint from ones I see and hear feedback on........the car is there, so don't use a bunch of pictures of the car to fill up the space. I want to see what has been done, what makes it special and or the history of the car.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Thx- I was thinking the same thing... one pic (small or the background). The rest will be mods. His car is heavily modified.

damaged442
06-16-2014, 02:22 PM
What it is, what makes it special or unique, how many made in that particular color/drivetrain combo, list of mods.

Stuff like that.

Spiney
06-17-2014, 03:35 AM
Hi Kitty, how are you going to make the board? If you belong to Sam's or Costco you can print a 20x24" photo print for like $12.

Mount it on black foam core then if you want spray it with protective UV spray or have it laminated.

Make the whole thing up in PS. I need to make one for our Cobra.

Please share any good links you find for ideas.

Thanks, Dave

DetailKitty
06-17-2014, 08:32 AM
I'm going to have it printed at a shop... I'll have them laminate it and mount it on foam core or gator board.

Ok, so I made one for my car as an example to my husband for a layout.
He likes the "darkness" to it. Thoughts?

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/KittyMini_photos/RYU/CarBoard_zpsdcea18d7.jpg (http://s303.photobucket.com/user/KittyMini_photos/media/RYU/CarBoard_zpsdcea18d7.jpg.html)

mcate
06-17-2014, 08:41 AM
Nothing really fancy on mine; window sticker, certificate of authenticity from Ford, one from Shelby American, printout of 2009 GT500 production #'s from Ford, a couple of decals & a front end pic.