PDA

View Full Version : Favorite/Best Shampoo

Pages : [1] 2 3

iStig
06-15-2014, 07:02 PM
so coming off from an ammo guy and constantly buying ammo products, its now the summer and when having a large amount of cars, washing them every day, im going through the small bottles. The product is great but im not going to keep paying the price so im going to try out some new products for the meantime. What is the best shampoo's out there that come in gallon or large sizes? Also im pretty new at detailing and i want to widen my array of products, i have pretty much the basics (Shampoo, wax, sealant, spray wax, wheel shampoo, wheel cleaner, tire shine, citrus bug cleaner, leather cleaner, leather conditioner, carpet cleaner) and then all the tools and accessories to go along. What else should i purchase, i have a polisher but i dont think its dual action so i might need to buy a new one like a rupes or flex.

VISITOR
06-15-2014, 07:09 PM
you're going to get a variety of answers (this topic has been covered a lot) but the two that stick out that work well are dg901/902 and megs hyper wash. if you need to step up to a quality DA and can pick up just one for the time being, pick up the GG6 with a few different backing plates and pads...

LRC3
06-15-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm not buying into the fancy soaps thing, I think it's BS.

Tried and true Meguiars Gold works for me, and it foams nicely in my cannon too.

swanicyouth
06-15-2014, 07:22 PM

Tried and true Meguiars Gold works for me, and it foams nicely in my cannon too.

You may not want to be so quick to say that. I have about 20 soaps and I can tell you there are differences. And I'm not some kind of genius - many others here have noticed differences as well.

Out of all the soaps I've tried - I've never tried Gold Class. But if it works for you - great. A lot of people seem to say it's OK. I can pretty much guarantee you it doesn't foam (or cling) like Honeydew, doesn't touchless clean like Avalanche, isn't as slick as Lusso Oro, suds don't last as long as Optimum, doesn't leave a glow like 1Z Exclusive Glos, doesn't clean as well in the bucket like Ultima, and isn't as good all around as PoorBoys Super Slick Suds.

If I had to recommend a soap in a gallon to the OP that works very well at most tasks and comes in a gallon (and isn't a small fortune), I'd probably go with PoorBoys, Duragloss, or Optimum.

iStig
06-15-2014, 07:29 PM
You may not want to be so quick to say that. I have about 20 soaps and I can tell you there are differences. And I'm not some kind of genius - many others here have noticed differences as well.

Out of all the soaps I've tried - I've never tried Gold Class. But if it works for you - great. A lot of people seem to say it's OK. I can pretty much guarantee you it doesn't foam (or cling) like Honeydew, doesn't touchless clean like Avalanche, isn't as slick as Lusso Oro, suds don't last as long as Optimum, doesn't leave a glow like 1Z Exclusive Glos, doesn't clean as well in the bucket like Ultima, and isn't as good all around as PoorBoys Super Slick Suds.

If I had to recommend a soap in a gallon to the OP that works very well at most tasks and comes in a gallon (and isn't a small fortune), I'd probably go with PoorBoys, Duragloss, or Optimum.

out of those which one is your favorite? also, do you like any chemical guys soaps? goes towards the other guys too.

Just02896
06-15-2014, 07:33 PM
I use DG901, CG Wash Clear, and CG Honeydew.

swanicyouth
06-15-2014, 07:38 PM
out of those which one is your favorite? also, do you like any chemical guys soaps? goes towards the other guys too.

It depends what I'm try to do. If the car is just dusty - I'll use something mild like P21S. Filthy - I'll use Ultima. For a standard type soap in a foam cannon - I think Honeydew is the best. CG's soaps are pretty good. They have high dilutions and keep their suds. However, they are not the slickest soaps and I feel they may be harsh on wax. I still think Honeydew is the best in the foam cannon though.

Optimum, Duragloss, and PoorBoys are good all around soaps. Off the top of my head I think PoorBoys has the highest dilution if you follow the label directions. PoorBoys is likely the most "wax safe" - since PB's sells wax and the soap is likely designed to work with their products.

The PBMG soaps are also pretty good - but are a bit cost prohibitive based on others I have mentioned. AutoGlym is terrible.

frankprozzoly
06-15-2014, 07:47 PM
I have meguiars shampoo plus. It's ok. Suds don't seem to last. I might try their hyper wash next

Lost Highway
06-15-2014, 07:56 PM
I would probably give the nod to Duragloss in your situation. I think it is probably going to be the most cost effective among the shampoos I've tried and liked. I'm also a fan of Lusso, Optimum, Prima Hydro and Dodo Juice Born to Be Mild. Meguiar's Gold Class is decent but nothing special. Personally I really don't care for the Chemical Guys shampoos, especially Citrus Wash & Gloss which, IME, leaves a noticeable film. I've never tried Poorboy's despite having a sample kicking around here.

Chris@AutoCleanse
06-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Meg's hyper wash
Optimum
Duragloss

evo77
06-15-2014, 08:34 PM

Been using Megs GC for many years. Tried DG and it was "ok". Back to GC. Tried and true.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AG Online

swanicyouth
06-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Been using Megs GC for many years. Tried DG and it was "ok". Back to GC. Tried and true.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AG Online

I need that little icon that's an open mouth with eyeballs bugging out of its head.

iStig
06-15-2014, 08:57 PM
can you apply coupons towards gift certificates, the website is not allowing me but it does not say i cannot. EDIT: Solved no :( i think i might go with optimum.

swanicyouth
06-15-2014, 09:24 PM
can you apply coupons towards gift certificates, the website is not allowing me but it does not say i cannot. EDIT: Solved no :( i think i might go with optimum.

I believe you can. You just have to call AG or leave a note in the comment box.

hernandez.art13
06-15-2014, 09:34 PM
I would just go with Meguiars everything. To stock up on products.

And then toy around with other brands to get your fixin :D