PDA

View Full Version : Lovebugs in my future!!!!!!

pricha00
07-28-2007, 11:49 AM
My wife and my son will be travelling with myself from Ontario Canada to Orlando FLA. We are driving our 06 Black RAV 4 . We are leaving late Sept and returning the second week of Oct. Having driven this route before a few years ago I am wondering what I can apply here at home to make the lovebug removal alot easier. I was in FLA in Oct. last year and the bugs were really bad around Disney World. We flew last year and rented a van so I didn't care about the vehicle but now I do. I have the scothguard plastic on the front of the hood and the tips of the front fenders but the rest of the frontal area is unprotected. Any local tips would be great.

Pat.

Surfer
07-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Protect your car from love bugs with the Diamondite Ultimate Love Bug Defense Kit! Protect glass car windshields, auto glass, and car windows. (http://www.autogeek.net/bug-protection.html)

Damn thats a long drive lol

FloridaNative
07-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Protect your car from love bugs with the Diamondite Ultimate Love Bug Defense Kit! Protect glass car windshields, auto glass, and car windows. (http://www.autogeek.net/bug-protection.html)

Damn thats a long drive lol

:iagree: :iagree: I'd pick up some Poorboy's Bug Squash too if I were you. That stuff will make them just fall off onto the grown if they are fresh bugs. :)

cbartlett76
07-28-2007, 12:30 PM
I think someone here mentioned they keep a mf soaked in bug squash in a ziploc and wipe everytime they gas up...

Thejoyofdriving
07-28-2007, 01:44 PM
I think someone here mentioned they keep a mf soaked in bug squash in a ziploc and wipe everytime they gas up...

Ya, id be careful when wiping off the bug jerky, it could instil swirls. Also If i remember correctly bug squash removes wax, i think.

Bags
07-28-2007, 02:44 PM
I would use 2 coats of a sealant 24hrs apart, then 2 coats of a durable wax like iw 845.

Gary Sword
07-28-2007, 03:12 PM
You could type up the whole front of your car with painters tape. I'm sure it would look great. ;)

pricha00
07-28-2007, 08:12 PM
You could type up the whole front of your car with painters tape. I'm sure it would look great. ;)

Yeah I am sure my wife would like our Rav to drive 1200 miles with some blue tape on the front. I will try to locate some of the products that were mentioned earlier in this thread. Unfortunately here in Canada many of those products are only available by mail. So much easier to walk into a retail store and purchase but oh well. I believe my father-in-law actually has some of that iw 845 if its the Collinete?? insulator wax that you are talking about.

Thanks for the replies, Pat.