PDA

View Full Version : Some light swirl can not be remove

aRYip
06-15-2014, 04:10 AM
Tried to do a polish on my 2003 Nissan 350z, it has light swirls and couple of scratch on it.

Using the GG6" DA Polisher, after wash the car with ONR and clay the car with speedy prep pad using DA, i use B&S orange pad on OPT hyper compound, and follow by B&S green pad on M205, however, there are some very light swirl still remain.

Is there any way to remove it? or this is how it should be, or my setup is not correct?

I also try using B&S orange pad on M105 as well, no luck.

The swirls are VERY light and it can not be capture by camera.

You can see the before and after picture. And you can still see some very light mark on there.
http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s442/OCG_DETAILING/IMG_8794_zps9bbac2c3.jpg
http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s442/OCG_DETAILING/IMG_8798_zpsd48730b3.jpg

Any help? Thanks!

BillyJack
06-15-2014, 08:03 AM
M205 paired with the right pad should finish LSP-ready. My opinion would be to try a test spot with something like a Black pad.

Bill

Just02896
06-15-2014, 08:55 AM
I find M205 to be finniky on black paint, especially if your not using the right pads. For this reason I don't use it anymore on soft paint, especially black. Try Sonax 3/6 or Menzerna SF4000 and you'll be blown away at the finish you'll achieve.

aim4squirrels
06-15-2014, 09:52 AM
You may be inducing the marring on your polishing step. This is not always the case, but most Nissan and Infiniti paint from that era is very soft, especially the darker colors. Or, at least they show the most marring after polishing so they are considered soft. Quite possibly too soft for your combos listed above. Tell us what products and pads you have at your disposal currently, and we'll be able to give you a better recommendation.

Also, if the paint is soft, be very careful upon wiping the product off, you can induce marring marring with just a towel to soft paint.

swanicyouth
06-15-2014, 09:55 AM
It looks to me (although its hard to tell from pics), that your issue isn't "finishing", but "leveling/cutting".

It looks like some of the ORIGINAL swirls are still there - just not as deep. So, you may need to go with a more aggressive combo to remove them.

As for super soft paint, my Nissan has pretty hard paint - although it's older. A lot of Nissans have "hard clear coat" as well.

aRYip
06-15-2014, 02:37 PM
You may be inducing the marring on your polishing step. This is not always the case, but most Nissan and Infiniti paint from that era is very soft, especially the darker colors. Or, at least they show the most marring after polishing so they are considered soft. Quite possibly too soft for your combos listed above. Tell us what products and pads you have at your disposal currently, and we'll be able to give you a better recommendation.

Also, if the paint is soft, be very careful upon wiping the product off, you can induce marring marring with just a towel to soft paint.

I have B&S orange, green and black pad, as well as LC hydro tect blue and orange pad. M105, M205 and OPT hyper compound too. Planning to get carpro reflect as well.
This is what i have so far.

aRYip
06-15-2014, 02:40 PM
It looks to me (although its hard to tell from pics), that your issue isn't "finishing", but "leveling/cutting".

It looks like some of the ORIGINAL swirls are still there - just not as deep. So, you may need to go with a more aggressive combo to remove them.

As for super soft paint, my Nissan has pretty hard paint - although it's older. A lot of Nissans have "hard clear coat" as well.

Yea, some of the original swirls are still there. but it is pretty hard to see, i have to look very close to see it. but as for marring, what is your suggestion?

swanicyouth
06-15-2014, 02:49 PM
Yea, some of the original swirls are still there. but it is pretty hard to see, i have to look very close to see it. but as for marring, what is your suggestion?

Me... I don't think it's marring. Not on white(color?) 2003 Nissan paint. But, your there - not me - so who knows? Any of the Wolfgang Polishes (DAT) pretty much finish down close to perfect.

My Nissan is a 2001 and the paint is pretty hard. Look under your hood for a sticker like this:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/16/aruzaryb.jpg

If it's marring from M105, 205 should clean it up. Really IMHO you need to do a hood test spot and see if 205 is not cleaning it up - or causing it - and take it from there.

knucky
06-15-2014, 03:11 PM
I'd try some Pinnacle AFP on a LC CCS pad with the GG6 set to 5. Worked well to remove all swirls on my black Challenger clearcoat with 4-6 section passes.