PDA

View Full Version : If you were to purchase a Flex PE14-2...

BeachZone
06-13-2014, 11:32 PM
What would be the perfect set up of accessories (backing plates,extensions, pads etc etc) that are must-haves you'd purchase along with it?

Going to be purchasing one and would like to get input from pe-14 users that have experienced the good and bad! Thanks in advance

-Beach

Vivant511
06-13-2014, 11:43 PM
The best backing plate I've used with it so far is the 5 inch Scholl Concepts Abrafix backing plate. Beautiful thick foam makes the flex run very smooth. This is one item I think you'd really like to use :)

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-14-2014, 02:18 AM
I really enjoy the Hybrid pad line up on the PE14.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/flex-polishers/81208-flex-comparision-pe14-vs-3401-a.html

BeachZone
06-14-2014, 02:42 PM
The best backing plate I've used with it so far is the 5 inch Scholl Concepts Abrafix backing plate. Beautiful thick foam makes the flex run very smooth. This is one item I think you'd really like to use :)
Beautiful. I'll take your word for it and order :) PM me details where to find it?!

I really enjoy the Hybrid pad line up on the PE14.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/flex-polishers/81208-flex-comparision-pe14-vs-3401-a.html
Going to have to pick up some of these as well. I'm a huge fan of flat pads... tried CCS, Cobra, & CG Hex, but I didn't like them too much.

Any recommendations of wool or microfiber pads?

-Beach

rmagnus
06-14-2014, 04:47 PM
I also like the extension and the 2" backing plate and small pads. Flat pads are fine. I use CCS and the hex to me they all are pretty good. The PE14 is just a great polisher. Hard to go wrong with it.

Vivant511
06-14-2014, 10:57 PM
Sorry beach, I wouldn't know where you'd be able to get it as I got mine locally in Australia. That said, it should be much easier for you to get your hands on it relatively based in the states.

For wool, HD black wool is insanely durable and cuts fast. Scholl white wool is superb for finishing down nicely. I love both

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-15-2014, 12:26 AM
Beautiful. I'll take your word for it and order :) PM me details where to find it?!

Any recommendations of wool or microfiber pads?

-Beach

Not sure on the Scholl bp but make sure the threads of the bp are 5/8 standard thread and not the Euro M14 threads.

Personally I don't care for the way MF handles on the rotary. They can be too grabby at times.

I prefer the purple LC wool pads.

ww2717
06-28-2014, 04:32 PM
Where can you get that Scholl Concepts backing plate from that has
m13 threads (5/8") . Do you have a link to a site that has it with the 5/8 thread. I have only found the backing plate with M14 threads from Europe. Thanks.