PDA

View Full Version : Carpro Merino Wool Mitt

Paulyfe12
06-13-2014, 11:20 PM
Just bought one to replace the cheap one that fell apart on me mid wash :p. Was between this and a dodo juice wookie's fist, but this one was cheaper and seemed easier to maintain. Just wondering how to go about maintaining the mitt and how it performs. Its says not to machine wash or machine dry, brush to keep fluffy and to use a "dedicated" detergent. What is a dedicated detergent I could use?

mwoolfso
06-14-2014, 07:24 AM
I was also between the Wookie and this one and final decision was based on price for me as well. I have had the CarPro mitt for a little over a year and I like the performance. It has not broken down at all and the shedding is very very minimal when I comb it out. I have used it maybe 7-10 times at this point. I won't use it on a super filthy vehicle until a good first pass with the power washer.

I use car wash soap to clean the mitt; basically the first bucket in a 2-bucket wash. I hang it on the clothes rack and let it drip-dry; and at some point in the process I use a pet hair brush to "softly" comb out the fibers. Once it is dry I will inspect it for any contaminants and pick them off. I find some but not enough to turn that statement into a complaint.

Paulyfe12
06-14-2014, 09:55 AM
Oh yea, just use wash soap, simple enough lol thanks man

allenk4
06-14-2014, 03:52 PM
A few sprays of detangler that is used for children's hair is very helpful when brushing out.

It's on the baby aisle at your grocery store

mwoolfso
06-14-2014, 06:46 PM
Does detangler leave something in the fibers?

allenk4
06-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Does detangler leave something in the fibers?

I have not noticed any negative effects from detangler

Saves time when brushing out and the mitt seems to shed less during the brush out process, because I don't need to be as rough with it