PDA

View Full Version : Best wax

Pages : [1] 2 3

raswank
06-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Bright red Jetta, going to do the Wolfgang 3.0 swirl/finishing glaze. Blackfire Sealant. What would be the best wax to apply over the sealant? OR DO i even need to bother?

06-13-2014, 10:27 PM
Do you already have the BF Sealant? If you don't I'd suggest Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant...some apply Fuzion over the top

Kamakaz1961
06-13-2014, 10:27 PM
IMO I would put a wax over it. That is just me. You can leave it alone, however, a good quality wax can add depth. I use alot of waxes. If you had a 1st time I would look into the Pinnacle Sourevan Wax. That is about $95 a jar but well worth it. Great wax.

For something that cost less and is a great wax try the Collinite Double Coat #476 jar. It is under $20 and it rocks. Not as much as a wet look as Souveran, however, looks great. Collinite also has its liquid wax, but I can't comment as I do not like liquid waxes and the #476 is awesome enough for me in the Collinite Family.

I could go on, however, there would be too many opinions on what type of wax to get.

Another choice would be just to leave it alone as a sealant is sufficient enough.

Again, my $.02 worth.

06-13-2014, 10:28 PM
Oh depends on how much you wanna spend for a wax too!

Kamakaz1961
06-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Do you already have the BF Sealant? If you don't I'd suggest Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant...some apply Fuzion over the top

One of these days 281...I will buy the Fuzion or BF BlackIce. You seem to like these waxes alot. I need to follow your advice and get me either.

I have about 9 jars of wax from Collinite to Zymol to Souveran...etc. I guess 1 of the 2 you like will be on my list AFTER Pinnacle Black Label Synergy....LOL

The ONLY reason I will get 1 you like is because you have a BLACK STANG and I have seen your pics and man your car shines!!!

:dblthumb2:

raswank
06-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Thanks I bought the Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory to go over the Blackfire sealant. I don't really have much shade when I apply the sealant how long should I leave it on to cure if I am out in the bright sun?

spiralout462
06-13-2014, 11:20 PM
Thanks I bought the Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory to go over the Blackfire sealant. I don't really have much shade when I apply the sealant how long should I leave it on to cure if I am out in the bright sun?

The "swipe test" should answer that question for you. If you don't have much shade access I would at least try to wait for an overcast day or work late or early in the day.

The "Wet ice over fire" shine will be gorgeous.:xyxthumbs:

raswank
06-14-2014, 07:29 AM
Thanks that is what I figured first thing in the morning or when the sun starts to go down.

tpr1634
06-14-2014, 07:42 AM
Don't buy into all the hype, for under 20 dollars Collinite 845.

raswank
06-14-2014, 07:54 AM
I have Collinite as well, but sometimes people like to try new stuff. So put down the Hateraide and sit down and enjoy the weekend.

06-14-2014, 09:16 AM

That's a great wax too! Don't forget about using BF Wet Diamond Polymer Spray after washes...it will extend you protection when used routinely...

tpr1634
06-14-2014, 09:18 AM
I have Collinite as well, but sometimes people like to try new stuff. So put down the Hateraide and sit down and enjoy the weekend.

you asked has nothing to do with hate............

raswank
06-14-2014, 09:31 AM
Your right I did ask, but the " Don't buy into all the hype comment." wasn't really needed. So yes I asked about waxes, not your stupid comments. Maybe you weren't taught that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. And thanks 281 I will buy that spray unless there is to much hype in that product as well.

tpr1634
06-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Your right I did ask, but the " Don't buy into all the hype comment." wasn't really needed. So yes I asked about waxes, not your stupid comments. Maybe you weren't taught that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. And thanks 281 I will buy that spray unless there is to much hype in that product as well.

you buy what you want I really could care less, spend what you want my opinion is what I posted. if you think my comment was stupid or I did not say something nice get over it sorry I hurt your feelings.

hernandez.art13
06-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax :cool: