PDA

View Full Version : 89 Jeep Wrangler

ccompton3
06-13-2014, 06:39 PM
I have an 89 Jeep Wrangler coming to me next week. It still has the Bright Red factory paint (Code HE3). This baby has obviously spent a lot of time in the sun and is heavily oxidized. I haven't worked on many Chrysler/Jeep coatings and was wondering about any of your experiences. Any product combos/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, what has your experience been with paint hardness/softness on the Chrysler paints? I'll post some pics once I have her in the garage next week.

CopperMtnGuy
06-13-2014, 07:00 PM
My Jeeps have hard paint...at least harder compared to the LR3. But I'm not sure how an 89 would compare.

Belair
06-13-2014, 07:13 PM
I owned a black one but not real heavily oxidized. After claying, used the Megs DA MF system - D300 & 302. Worked well. You'll need to clean the pads often, like after every 2' X 2' section. The roof is a pain, have to tape off the rails & luggage supports running the length of it. Still in all, a beautiful car when the job is done right.

ccompton3
06-13-2014, 08:33 PM
My Jeeps have hard paint...at least harder compared to the LR3. But I'm not sure how an 89 would compare.

Thanks for the input - much appreciated...

ccompton3
06-13-2014, 08:35 PM
I owned a black one but not real heavily oxidized. After claying, used the Megs DA MF system - D300 & 302. Worked well. You'll need to clean the pads often, like after every 2' X 2' section. The roof is a pain, have to tape off the rails & luggage supports running the length of it. Still in all, a beautiful car when the job is done right.

Thanks for your input. I was thinking of the MF pads as I seem to get a better cut, so I'm glad you mentioned your success with them as well.

ccompton3
06-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Any suggestions/comments from anyone else?