PDA

View Full Version : Megs last touch

Pages : [1] 2

frankprozzoly
06-12-2014, 08:26 PM
I've used a lot of meguiars stuff. I would think last touch can be used for anything including the interior. It even smells better than megs quick interior detailer. This stuff does it all. Everything else seems unnecessary. Clay lube, quick detailer, rinseless wash, interior detailer. Not quite as good as express wash but if done indoors I think works just as good.

swanicyouth
06-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Me thinks its just a QD and clay lube. I'm sure it works fine on interiors, but using a concentrated product like UWW+ is cheaper and just as effective.

frankprozzoly
06-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Remind me what UWW is

swanicyouth
06-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Ultima Waterless Wash Plus is a QD/waterless & rinseless wash/clay lube that comes as a concentrate with a very high dilution.

It's like the best $20 you can spend on a detailing product.

davey g-force
06-12-2014, 09:29 PM
I agree that LT is very versatile, and smells great!

Prophizee
06-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Is megs final touch the same as final Inspection ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

davey g-force
06-13-2014, 12:36 AM
Is megs final touch the same as final Inspection ?

You mean Last Touch?

No, they're different. FI is body shop safe, whereas LT isn't. I'm sure there are other differences too (I've never used FI).

Shortspark
06-13-2014, 04:44 AM
I've used FI and it is pretty good and reasonably priced. Having said that it is no better than any of a dozen other QDs. As another poster said, the main difference between FI and LT is that FI is formulated a little differently and is approved for Body Shop use.

frankprozzoly
06-13-2014, 06:09 AM
I've used final inspection also. The reason I mentioned last touch is it says it's good for vinyl, plastic, rubber, quick detailer, clay lube. Doesn't say anything about rinseless wash but I don't see why you couldn't use it. Again it smells way better than megs interior detailer so I'm gonna use it inside too. For how good all of meguiars products smell im really disappointed in they're interior detailer

Prophizee
06-13-2014, 06:18 AM
I've used FI and it is pretty good and reasonably priced. Having said that it is no better than any of a dozen other QDs. As another poster said, the main difference between FI and LT is that FI is formulated a little differently and is approved for Body Shop use.

The best thing about FI is that it's static resistant which is awesome and it smells decent. Personally I love FI it's the clay lube I've used and it very slick and glossy, the only downside is it will streak if used on a warm vehicle.

Shortspark
06-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Right you are about streaking but I think my problem was the humidity when I used it because I never noticed this problem before. Because of this thread, just a little while ago I sprayed the rear and trunk area of a Sonata with FI - I could not get it off! It streaked and would not buff off. I then used Griot's Speed Shine, another pretty good QD on the hood - it also streaked. Finally, I used Lucas Slick Mist on a side panel and door and it streaked as well. No doubt in my mind it was all due to the very high humidity this morning. From now on, no QD until later in the day when it is dry.

swanicyouth
06-13-2014, 10:26 AM
IMHO Meg's Last Touch is just an OK QD. It's not great and it's not bad. If your having streaking issues (Griots does streak), try Prima Slick. It may be the top QD made IMHO.

allenk4
06-13-2014, 03:38 PM
The best thing about FI is that it's static resistant which is awesome and it smells decent. Personally I love FI it's the clay lube I've used and it very slick and glossy, the only downside is it will streak if used on a warm vehicle.

Aren't all products with water in them "static resistant"?

Prophizee
06-13-2014, 11:37 PM
Aren't all products with water in them "static resistant"?

I belive so... Final inspection is also very versatile product in my opinion but I would compare it to optimum or ultima... but it's still a very decent product.

VISITOR
06-14-2014, 01:53 AM
megs LT isn't a bad QD and since you can dilute it 1:1, it gives you a little more for your money. there are other QD's that i like better though...