PDA

View Full Version : Removing dye transfer from tan leather

Lakeside Detail
06-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Hi everyone, I worked on a Acura MDX today that is a kid hauler. I had to perform deep leather cleaning, I used a PC with the ultra soft brush just like AMMO NYC showed and it worked great! As a matter of fact I just bought all the different cyclo brushes and couldn't be happier with them. I used aqua for carpet, white for weathertech mats, and soft gray for leather.

Except I was not able to remove dye transfer from the driver seat and center console. I knew I was better off getting the right product than go crazy with something that doesn't work. I used OPC 6:1, cleaned the leather great!!

I planed on ordering some leather masters dye remover tonight, but after reading quite a few negative reviews on amazon, I though id post here and see what you guys have had success with. I'm not aware of any other products other than LM dye remover. Thanks!!

RTexasF
06-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Old style Woolite & water mixed 6 parts water to 1 part Woolite along with a soft brush. Give it time, work it in, wipe it off. Works even on white Caddy leather, did for me multiple times. Four to one if extremely stubborn, foams like mad so be prepared.

Just02896
06-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Old style Woolite & water mixed 6 parts water to 1 part Woolite along with a soft brush. Give it time, work it in, wipe it off. Works even on white Caddy leather, did for me multiple times. Four to one if extremely stubborn, foams like mad so be prepared.

My method as well. Works great for removing transfer from jeans.

Lakeside Detail
06-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Where does one find the old style woolite? Last time I was at Wal-Mart looking for it they has 50 different kinds of woolite, but not the original.

Lakeside Detail
06-12-2014, 07:27 PM
This is not transfer from jeans but a dress/blouse fabric material that is bright blue colored.