PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Tire and Trim Guard

Rsurfer
06-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Is the new UTTG better than the old? Isn't the new UTTG water based compared to the old being solvent based? Feed back please

Setec Astronomy
06-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Where did you hear it was water-based?

Rsurfer
06-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Where did you hear it was water-based?

The old formula could not be shipped by air because it was classified as a hazard material. A friend said they changed it to a water based formula because of this. AG site shows it as a polymer sealant. So I'm curious if it is indeed now a water based product.

richy
06-12-2014, 11:20 PM
The old formula could not be shipped by air because it was classified as a hazard material. A friend said they changed it to a water based formula because of this. AG site shows it as a polymer sealant. So I'm curious if it is indeed now a water based product.

Ron, I've talked to Eric about this product. You're right, it has gone to water based due to shipping issues. That being said, it is supposed to be a better product. Ultima tend to under hype their products so if they say it's better, you can be sure. I've got one coming to me.

Rsurfer
06-12-2014, 11:37 PM
Ron, I've talked to Eric about this product. You're right, it has gone to water based due to shipping issues. That being said, it is supposed to be a better product. Ultima tend to under hype their products so if they say it's better, you can be sure. I've got one coming to me.

Thanks for the reply Richy. I hope your right as the original UTTG was my go to trim protectant.

Quiksilver5882
06-12-2014, 11:39 PM

Interested to hear your thoughts on the new version, Richy!

Rsurfer
06-12-2014, 11:47 PM
Me too, as Richy will give an honest review.

Setec Astronomy
06-13-2014, 05:24 AM

Hmm...that's very interesting. Unfortunately I have a big bottle of WETS that seems like it will last until about 2030.

richy
06-18-2014, 10:35 PM

Me too, as Richy will give an honest review.

Thanks guys! I'll be heading over to Detroit tomorrow to pick it up. I'll try it on this weekend's project.

Angler
06-30-2014, 06:45 PM
Thanks guys! I'll be heading over to Detroit tomorrow to pick it up. I'll try it on this weekend's project.

Got an update for us, Richy? Feed back please

mcochris
06-30-2014, 10:43 PM
I should get some tomorrow from Corey.