PDA

View Full Version : Nozzle broke needs option

Bill1234
06-12-2014, 05:40 PM
I have the foam blaster 6 which is a great unit imo. However, the nozzle broke and I have heard from many people that you will need to buy the whole unit again which is a waste of money as all I need is the nozzle. I saw online that the gilmor has a similar quick connect nozzle with a similar setup to the chemical guys. Does anybody know if the gilmor nozzle will work with the chemical guys foam blaster?

Setec Astronomy
06-12-2014, 07:21 PM
It looks to me like the nozzle will work--but do you have a place to buy the Gilmour nozzle?

Bill1234
06-12-2014, 07:28 PM
It looks to me like the nozzle will work--but do you have a place to buy the Gilmour nozzle?

I just bought one off of amazon, its the same one that comes with the foam master 2, I also bought the gilmour branded female quick connect attachment, I will see if it works

Setec Astronomy
06-12-2014, 07:36 PM
You were able to buy just the nozzle? Oh wait, you're talking about the trigger/handle part? Or the black nozzle that goes on the front with the retaining clip?

Bill1234
06-12-2014, 07:41 PM
You were able to buy just the nozzle? Oh wait, you're talking about the trigger/handle part? Or the black nozzle that goes on the front with the retaining clip?

Technically I am talking about the whole nozzle. I had mine working perfectly until a family member broke the back piece which makes me not able to use the nozzel. Since the chemical guys one is similary based off of the foam master. I bought the same nozzle and the female connector piece. Im just really wondering if it will connect properly

Setec Astronomy
06-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Ok, I can't figure out what you are talking about. I don't see any piece-parts available on Amazon. If you are talking about the nozzle with the spring-loaded handle that you squeeze to make the foam come out, then yes that will fit, first because most of these foam guns are made by the same company, and second, because that's a garden hose connection which is standard.

If you are talking about the nozzle on the "front" of the gun, that should fit also, because, as I said, most of these foam guns are made in the same place. I just don't find that part on Amazon. I imagine Meghan could hook you up.

Bill1234
06-12-2014, 08:20 PM
Ok, I can't figure out what you are talking about. I don't see any piece-parts available on Amazon. If you are talking about the nozzle with the spring-loaded handle that you squeeze to make the foam come out, then yes that will fit, first because most of these foam guns are made by the same company, and second, because that's a garden hose connection which is standard.

If you are talking about the nozzle on the "front" of the gun, that should fit also, because, as I said, most of these foam guns are made in the same place. I just don't find that part on Amazon. I imagine Meghan could hook you up.

Im talking about the piece in between, in front of the nozzle is a piece you push back a bit to connect the trigger sprayer to the gun

Setec Astronomy
06-12-2014, 08:26 PM
That's a standard garden hose disconnect.

Setec Astronomy
06-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Hey Bill, I just noticed in the pic of that CG gun, they have lines on the cup for soap and water, so you can cancel that measuring cup.

Bill1234
06-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Hey Bill, I just noticed in the pic of that CG gun, they have lines on the cup for soap and water, so you can cancel that measuring cup.

yup, I knew that, my point was I was wondering how you would use maxi soap. In meguiars soap, I would fill the the mix line with hot water and add in 8 capfuls of soap.All I wanted to know was how many capfuls I put in of maxi suds

Setec Astronomy
06-12-2014, 09:12 PM
yup, I knew that, my point was I was wondering how you would use maxi soap. In meguiars soap, I would fill the the mix line with hot water and add in 8 capfuls of soap.All I wanted to know was how many capfuls I put in of maxi suds

But it's a CG's gun...why would you use their lines for a Meg's soap but not for a CG's soap?

Bill1234
06-12-2014, 09:16 PM
But it's a CG's gun...why would you use their lines for a Meg's soap but not for a CG's soap?

well I was told that you need at least 2 oz of soap in a foam gun, 1 oz of soap is 4 capfuls, so I doubled the capfuls to compare with the oz of soap

Setec Astronomy
06-12-2014, 09:28 PM
well I was told that you need at least 2 oz of soap in a foam gun, 1 oz of soap is 4 capfuls, so I doubled the capfuls to compare with the oz of soap

I guess I'm not understanding why with a CG gun and CG soap, you didn't just use the markings on the CG gun to fill it up...I presume that's why they put them there.