PDA

View Full Version : sealant then wax?

bikerdave47
06-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Is it advised to Wax AFTER application of Liquidglass polish/sealant??? Thanks!

refreshauto
06-12-2014, 09:44 AM
i have never tried the liquidglass polish/sealant, but i have always put on a wax after any sealant i have applied

JHL88
06-12-2014, 09:47 AM

Never used Liquid Glass but I would assume yes.

Paul A.
06-12-2014, 10:22 AM
Yes, wax after Liquid Glass is fine. I used LG many years ago religiously. My allegiance to it (before i became detail educated) was based on a good friend of mine who was the Chief Pilot of a South FL commuter airline. He swore by the stuff and they used it on their fleet of aircraft.

I do not know the chemical makeup of the stuff but if it is truly synthetic, let it sit for a day before adding any carnauba wax.

GenesisCoupe
06-12-2014, 10:31 AM
Glaze-sealant-wax-quick detailer

Vivant511
06-12-2014, 10:57 AM
I do for some added gloss. Love soft waxes like ArtDeShine ArtDeKotsos or Victoria Red as they spread sensationally on already slick and sealed paintwork

Kamakaz1961
06-12-2014, 12:24 PM
I do for some added gloss. Love soft waxes like ArtDeShine ArtDeKotsos or Victoria Red as they spread sensationally on already slick and sealed paintwork

:iagree:
Bikerdave47 I put on a sealant 1st and then a coat of wax afterwards. I like Menzerna Powerlock as a sealant and I just bought Pinnacle Souveran and going to use that. I also bought Victoria Red and I am going to use on my girlfriends car.

Just curious Vivant511...how do you like the Vics Red? When AGO has another sale I will be buying the Pinncale Black Label Synergy to try that one. Any how any sealant and a wax is a good thing.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!

Vivant511
06-13-2014, 06:12 AM
Kamakaz1961 Vic's Red is sensational for gloss. It's very popular here in Australia for shows. It's easy to use and doesn't haze / gas if you layer it like some japanese waxes do.

I can't compare to Pinnacle black label as I haven't used it before, sorry!

bcgreen
06-13-2014, 09:51 AM
I like Optimum sealant, but adding wax was just put on for looks for that day or until the next wash.

Paul A.
06-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Absolutely my approach and philosophy too...carnaubas over my sealants are for looks and the occassional slickness added twice a year for our wonderful FL love bug seasons!

FUNX650
06-13-2014, 11:26 AM
No you can't...
Not if you're going to add more layers of Liquid Glass!!!

TO WIT:
•25 LG-"layers" may not effectively stop a charging Rhino...
But has been reported to deflect certain-sized rocks, though.

Bob

Paul A.
06-13-2014, 11:31 AM
Yes, another good point, Bob...you have to wait for anything not compatible with LG to disappear before adding more LG. And with LG being a polymer based product, carnaubas on top will prevent any further app's of LG. Fortunately, carnaubas for me and in my climate give up the ghost quickly though.

bikerdave47
06-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Funx you make a Good point, I hadn't considered that...have 2 coats now but was considering adding to that number....Thanks for bringing it to my attention! Dave