PDA

View Full Version : Best $10 I ever spent..

EVOlved
06-12-2014, 01:10 AM
So I have been thinking of taking my passion for detailing and turning it into my career. Now typically I am a dive in head first type of person but, thankfully I have a better half who is a little more rational than I am. So she convinced me that I need to read up etc.. So first thing I did was pick up Renny Doyle's book "How to start a home based car detailing business". First, let me say I am not a reader AT ALL (besides maybe detailing forums ;) ) . This book I read within a matter of three nights because it was full from beginning to end with helpful tricks, thoughts, plans, etc.. Now when I do open my business which I WILL. I know I will be in 1,000 times better position to do so, thanks to Renny's great advice.

The book is a MUST read if you are thinking about starting in this business or even if you are just getting yourself established..

Niko Molina
06-12-2014, 01:16 AM
Currently in the middle of reading it as well. Just got done with the section about micro marketing and leaving business cards around and visiting car shows, getting involved with the local auto world. GREAT book and has really opened my eyes to the ins'n'outs of the business side of things. I was planning on opening up for business THIS July but decided to wait until Spring 2015 so I could plan and prepare more.

Reading this book (so far, not done yet) has me feeling SO much more prepared. Ideas are constantly running through my idea while I read and I get excited.

(I also bought some Mike Phillips' books. I got Renny's in a 'combo pack' with one of Mike's books)

Renny also offers training. You can hit him up on his site Detailing Success Home Page - Car Detailing school (http://www.detailingsuccess.com)

EVOlved
06-12-2014, 01:20 AM
Currently in the middle of reading it as well. Just got done with the section about micro marketing and leaving business cards around and visiting car shows, getting involved with the local auto world. GREAT book and has really opened my eyes to the ins'n'outs of the business side of things. I was planning on opening up for business THIS July but decided to wait until Spring 2015 so I could plan and prepare more.

Reading this book (so far, not done yet) has me feeling SO much more prepared. Ideas are constantly running through my idea while I read and I get excited.

(I also bought some Mike Phillips' books. I got Renny's in a 'combo pack' with one of Mike's books)

Renny also offers training. You can hit him up on his site Detailing Success Home Page - Car Detailing school (http://www.detailingsuccess.com)

Exactly how I felt and yes I am just about 100% I will be seeking training with both Renny and Mike. I love that fact that it inspires you to plan more and be well thought out and realize that is not just about making cars shine which is what draws us all in to it. I can't say enough about how good this book is for someone who is trying to get into the industry.

Niko Molina
06-12-2014, 01:47 AM
Exactly how I felt and yes I am just about 100% I will be seeking training with both Renny and Mike. I love that fact that it inspires you to plan more and be well thought out and realize that is not just about making cars shine which is what draws us all in to it. I can't say enough about how good this book is for someone who is trying to get into the industry.

Heading down to Florida in September? If so I may see you there!

Hell instead of going to Walmart for my quick 'small' detailing needs such as a quick detailer, some Folex, extra MF towels or a Meg's/Mother's 'consumer line' product I'm actually going to be heading to my local Auto Zone and O'Reily's from now on... just from the suggestion in the book about the local auto scene. Anything and everything helps. :props:

EVOlved
06-12-2014, 01:49 AM
Heading down to Florida in September? If so I may see you there!

Hell instead of going to Walmart for my quick 'small' detailing needs such as a quick detailer, some Folex, extra MF towels or a Meg's/Mother's 'consumer line' product I'm actually going to be heading to my local Auto Zone and O'Reily's from now on... just from the suggestion in the book about the local auto scene. Anything and everything helps. :props:

I may be waiting until next spring. Hanging on to my full time ok paying job for the time being to try and save up and get trained. I'm sure we will cross paths at some point.

daimler
06-16-2014, 08:14 PM
I may be waiting until next spring. Hanging on to my full time ok paying job for the time being to try and save up and get trained. I'm sure we will cross paths at some point.

I'm actually with this. I'm keeping my day job while doing marketing and doing detailing on the sides. Maybe, after a year, I'll have regulars. By then, I can quit my job and focus to what I love doing most. :)