PDA

View Full Version : Top One Step Products

Pages : [1] 2

aburgeson
06-11-2014, 01:45 PM
Have recently moved into detailing for money on the side. So I have tried out a few polishes or cleaner waxes as a one step product. Just wanted to get a feel for what you guys might consider your go to products. Some that I liked have been the klasse aio but I find it gets really dusty. Xmt 360 was also on my list to try. But upon reading Mike's guide to cleaner wax's I found some people recommended Menzerna products. I looked them up and go torn between the fg-400 and the sf-4000. Any thoughts for a good one step product for mostly daily drivers?

MNDSMtuner96
06-11-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm not familiar with sf-4000, but fg 400 is a compound not an AIO. I like HD Speed, Xmt 360 and am about to try Meguiars d151 in a couple days.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

hammy1983
06-11-2014, 01:54 PM
I like optimum polish II as I have had great results with it. I change to a cutting pad and I can get out most swirls. Polishing pad and it leaves the surface looking like glass. No fillers is a plus as well.

refreshauto
06-11-2014, 01:55 PM
i use XMT 360 as my AIO, i also have a Dodo Juice one, but haven't tried that one yet.

Evan.J
06-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Do you want and All In One product that has polishing and sealant built in or just a one step polish product?

aburgeson
06-11-2014, 02:10 PM
One step polish. I usually follow up with a sealant or a wax. I just mentioned klasse cause it worked well. I really dont have a preference. I just want something that can remove some swirls and leave the surface looking shiny. Im not looking for a showroom finish. Thats why I liked Mike's video of the fg-400 with a rupes blue pad. The finish looked really good, almost ready for a lsp product if it was for production detailing

hernandez.art13
06-11-2014, 02:23 PM
A 1 step is doing paint work with one step. So in this case it would be using an AIO. I would go with D151

A 2 step is polish and wax. I would go with M205 (choose a pad as you see fit) and for LSP I would go with Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax.

I haven't tried FG400 as a 2 step. I would imagine a polishing pad with FG400 and medium to light pressure at slower speeds could achieve good results. Not sure how much it would cut though.

hernandez.art13
06-11-2014, 02:27 PM
I like to do my 1 steps with an AIO and then use a Spray Wax for my final wipe.

I bought gallon's of D151 and Synthetic Xpress Spray Wax. So will be using that combo.

parttimer
06-11-2014, 02:35 PM
One step machine application:
D151
Blackfire Total Polish and Seal
Duragloss 105

One step polish and spray wax:
Menz 2500-4500 and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz

zmcgovern45
06-11-2014, 02:37 PM
One step polish. I usually follow up with a sealant or a wax. I just mentioned klasse cause it worked well. I really dont have a preference. I just want something that can remove some swirls and leave the surface looking shiny. Im not looking for a showroom finish. Thats why I liked Mike's video of the fg-400 with a rupes blue pad. The finish looked really good, almost ready for a lsp product if it was for production detailing

While FG400 can be used as a one-step correction product, it is often too aggressive for many finishes and will leave some light marring behind (which is expected as it is a cutting compound).

A 1 step is doing paint work with one step. So in this case it would be using an AIO. I would go with D151

A 2 step is polish and wax. I would go with M205 (choose a pad as you see fit) and for LSP I would go with Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax.

I haven't tried FG400 as a 2 step. I would imagine a polishing pad with FG400 and medium to light pressure at slower speeds could achieve good results. Not sure how much it would cut though.

These terms have no set definition... many people have their own way of defining a "one step" and a "two step" and so on.

I do not utilize all in one products, therefore to me, a one-step means a one-step correction product... ie a product that can remove defects and finish perfectly in the same step but does not include any paint protection.

With that being said, M205, PF2500, OHP have all been good one-step correction products for me (on the majority of paints, but certainly not all) when paired with an orange light cutting pad or white polishing pad.

aburgeson
06-11-2014, 02:38 PM
I guess I should say that i want a 2 step process. A polish to remove swirls and then I will almost always follow up with a wax or sealant. Currently I finish with klasse sealant, or wg 3.0 or soverein liquid spray wax

hernandez.art13
06-11-2014, 02:56 PM
While FG400 can be used as a one-step correction product, it is often too aggressive for many finishes and will leave some light marring behind (which is expected as it is a cutting compound).

These terms have no set definition... many people have their own way of defining a "one step" and a "two step" and so on.

I do not utilize all in one products, therefore to me, a one-step means a one-step correction product... ie a product that can remove defects and finish perfectly in the same step but does not include any paint protection.

With that being said, M205, PF2500, OHP have all been good one-step correction products for me (on the majority of paints, but certainly not all) when paired with an orange light cutting pad or white polishing pad.

Thank you Zach, yeah I guess there is no exact definition for steps, products, etc..., I guess one could call a 1 step whatever process/products as they want since there isn't anything that clearly states which is which.

The last job I did we used M205, Polishing Pad, Megs ULW, Then Synthetic xpress spray wax.

which to me was a 2 step, plus a final wipe.

I figured we could of saved a step and just used D151 and synthetic xpress spray wax, which to me would have made it a 1 step. Since the car was swirl free minus the scratches I wet sanded out. and it just needed to be glossed up.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2439/medium/IMG_9228.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2439/medium/Oneway_Detailing_and_Detailing_Art1.JPG

WRAPT C5Z06
06-11-2014, 03:09 PM

:iagree:

brondondolon
06-11-2014, 03:23 PM
D151 for the win

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

hernandez.art13
06-11-2014, 03:34 PM
So since there is nothing written in stone as far as the steps go.

If I used M105 with a foam cutting pad
then used D151 with a polishing pad to skip a step.

would that be a 2.5 step? lol :D

:iagree:

TNOG for me tomorrow! :props: