PDA

View Full Version : Leather conditioners that cause seats to become slippery?

Pages : [1] 2

thegeek998
06-11-2014, 12:56 PM
I've only used chemical guys leather conditioner and I'm not impressed. It causes the seats to become slippery.

Does anybody have any product suggestion for a conditioner under 20?

Setec Astronomy
06-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Well...I have the older version of this:

Sonus Leather Conditioner, leather care, upholstery, car seats (http://www.autogeek.net/sonus-leather-conditioner.html)

And it isn't slippery at all. Not sure what the newer Polycharged version is like, it could be completely different.

FUNX650
06-11-2014, 01:04 PM
I'll suggest:

1.) No "conditioners"...Ever!
-It's:
Clean & Protect; Clean & Protect; Clean & Protect!!!

2.) Leather Master Car Leather Protection & Cleaner Kit, Leather Master Ink Away Ink Remover, ink lifter, leather cleaner, leather protection (http://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-kit-ink-away.html)

Bob

wdmaccord
06-11-2014, 05:19 PM
I've only used chemical guys leather conditioner and I'm not impressed. It causes the seats to become slippery.

the trick with CG LC is to finish with a good dry MF buff or even a damp (water) MF buff. It's okay to use it for the protection benefit, but the conditioner side is probably doing nothing if you have coated leather/vinyl (see Bob's post). Even protectants like 303 Aerospace or BF Interior Protectant will be a little slippery without a good final dry/damp buff.

Just02896
06-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Not for nothing but there aren't many leather seats left that will see any benefit from leather conditioner. Most vehicles come with urethane treated leather which is designed to protect the leather beneath preventing liquids from penetrating. A quick way to find out if you have treated or untreated leather is to put a few drops of water on the surface and watch to see if they soak in or just sit on top.

jjj
06-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Throw collinite leather and vinyl wax/coating in the ring. I've had great success with it.

Tato
06-11-2014, 11:41 PM
I like this:

Mothers Leather Cream Moisture-Rich Conditioner (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-leathertech-moisture-infusion-gel-cream.html)

Spread one section at a time, and remove excess right after, before moving to next section.

Best Wishes.

Pureshine
06-12-2014, 01:52 AM
Sonax leather foam my go to product for the past 4 years.

aztec1987
06-12-2014, 03:19 AM

I agree, the leather conditioner and cleaner does the same! I am looking for a new cleaner.....according to the manufacture they say to apply to conditioner daily (like applying lotion) no thank you!!! Too much product to use

Cleanfreeek
06-12-2014, 06:02 AM
I used meg leather conditioner on my brand new seats. It needs a buff for sure. I have lexol now and will see how that performs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA DETAILER
06-12-2014, 06:18 AM
Detailer's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, auto leather cleaner, car leather conditioner, best leather cleaner conditioner (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-leather-cleaner-conditioner.html)

:xyxthumbs: Been using this long term. Love it.

GenesisCoupe
06-12-2014, 07:29 AM
I think you can buy the Leatherique Prestine Clean 16oz bottle for $20.00. I use it on my car about 3 times a year.. it cleans really good, and the seats aren't shiny or slippery. They do make that leather noise for a few days though as you move around in the seat. Not complaining.

The CG Leather conditioner, as well as the Poorboy's Leather Stuff is good too, but does leave a little shine and is a tad slippery.

thegeek998
06-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Thank you for all of your suggestions! I think I'll go with the protection route since this is treated leather.

conman1395
06-12-2014, 09:05 AM
Keep in mind that Leatherique prestine clean is a very good cleaner AND protector.

Cleanfreeek
06-12-2014, 07:36 PM
I used lexol today and WOW! It's awesome! Leather soaked it up. The Meg's sat on it and felt a little slippery. The lexol soaked in and left the leather dark and rich looking. Pretty sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk