PDA

View Full Version : Cure times Opti-coat, Opti-glass

DaveT435
06-11-2014, 10:20 AM
I did a quick look for the answer to this but didn't find it and I'm in a bit of a hurry. Opti-coat and Opti-glass don't have the cure time in the instructions anywhere. Right now I am going to apply Opti-glass. No where in the instructions or on the product (the Opti-glass anyway) how long the product has to cure before you can get it wet. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

FUNX650
06-11-2014, 12:47 PM
•Here's some info regarding Opti-Coatings' "curing-times":

Chris Thomas
18 Mar 2014
Opti-Coat Pro and Opti-Coat 2.0 can be touched in minutes and wetted after an hour. You can wash with ONR in 1-3 days and expose to stronger solvents after a week or so. Heat will speed up the solvent dehydration time so that Opti Coat reaches full hardness faster, but it's really not necessary just to give the car back to the customers."

Full hardness happens somewhere in the 30-90 day range. I know that's not very specific, but there are lots of variables.

•Can't help with the Opti-Glass "initial-cure/total-cure" times...
-Though:
Perhaps you can extrapolate Opti-Glass' "curing-times" from the above Opti-Coatings' "curing-times".

Bob

DaveT435
06-11-2014, 02:56 PM
•Here's some info regarding Opti-Coatings' "curing-times":

Chris Thomas
18 Mar 2014
Opti-Coat Pro and Opti-Coat 2.0 can be touched in minutes and wetted after an hour. You can wash with ONR in 1-3 days and expose to stronger solvents after a week or so. Heat will speed up the solvent dehydration time so that Opti Coat reaches full hardness faster, but it's really not necessary just to give the car back to the customers."

•Can't help with the Opti-Glass "initial-cure/total-cure" times...
-Though:
Perhaps you can extrapolate Opti-Glass' "curing-times" from the above Opti-Coatings' "curing-times".

Bob

Thank you for your help!!