PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Detergent

Pages : [1] 2 3

iStig
06-10-2014, 02:37 PM
So i was wondering if i should purchase any of the microfiber towel specific detergents that are sold on autogeek because lately ive been having some issues with getting all the dirt and stuff out of the towels and having color bleeding over from the traditional tide and vinegar method. If so, which detergent on the site is the best?

VISITOR
06-10-2014, 03:11 PM
search. two popular mf detergents that are popular on here are both the ones by wolfgang and blackfire...

GS2011
06-10-2014, 03:22 PM
I like the Blackfire :xyxthumbs:

DaveT435
06-10-2014, 03:30 PM
I've used three different ones, none were the ones mentioned above, Chemical Guys was by far the best at removing stains, compounds, etc. as far as the color bleeding I don't know that any detergent will help with that.

Kamakaz1961
06-10-2014, 03:47 PM
I use the MF detergent specifically for all MF towels. Any of the Blackfire, Pinnacle, Microfiber Dertergent IMO will work better than Tide and vinegar. It might be too strong for the MF towels. Additionally, the color bleeding might be that the water is too hot.

I wash my MF in cold water or warm and it cleans very well. I would stick to a dedicated MF detergent for your towels.

David Hayward
06-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Is mf detergent good to use on the meguiars da mf pads

Flex3k
06-10-2014, 04:18 PM
:xyxthumbs:I have only used chemical guys and micro restore detergents i havent seen much of a difference in performance on both but i have heard good things about black fire if you have a towel that color bleeds i wouldnt wash them in the same load iv had a huge problem with the red chemical guys glass towel i washed with other micro fibers and they stained i thought it was from the heat but its not even in cold water it color bleeds iv been washing that towel by hand my exterior towels do not get mixed and the same for interior washing expensive towels in tide with vinegar or anything other than a dedicated microfiber detergent will most likely ruin them or give them less life expectancy i also let them air dry most of use wash them in or everyday washing machine or even at the laundry matt the truth is that all of them have traces of fabric softeners or detergents geared towards our clothes and that will make a difference in the way the towel works and feels the same goes for the dryer especially if fabric softener sheets are used or thrown in when drying regular clothes there for i let my towels air dry it seems like my towels get better care than my clothes lol

Just02896
06-10-2014, 05:18 PM
I was using WG microfiber detergent but have made the switch to BF with better results. I'll be sticking with BF until something better comes out.

joebrez
06-10-2014, 05:50 PM
+1 for Chemical Guys. Griots Garage didn't impress me much.

mwoolfso
06-10-2014, 07:57 PM
So i was wondering if i should purchase any of the microfiber towel specific detergents that are sold on autogeek because lately ive been having some issues with getting all the dirt and stuff out of the towels and having color bleeding over from the traditional tide and vinegar method. If so, which detergent on the site is the best?

What kind of Tide are you using?

iStig
06-10-2014, 08:22 PM
i actually use cold water so there should be no bleeding. Two of my awesome microfiber madness dry me crazy's are blue haha

CDot
06-11-2014, 07:40 AM
i actually use cold water so there should be no bleeding. Two of my awesome microfiber madness dry me crazy's are blue haha

IMHO, I think you're probably using the wrong detergent.

Any detergent that cleans MF towels needs to be close to fragrance/dye-free (preferably), clean-rinsing, and strong enough to remove stains/wax/polish/oil/grease residue. I haven't used any of the dedicated MF detergents yet, but I use All Free & Clear and it's been working great. There are a couple ppl on AGO that use the same thing or Tide Free & Gentle.

Also MF towels should be washed on WARM/HOT and rinsed on COLD. Not sure why you're seeing any color-bleed, and the fact that you're using Tide ColdWater is even more odd. I have a bunch of towels and after their first pre-wash I haven't seen any bleeding.

GenesisCoupe
06-11-2014, 07:48 AM
I've always used CG Microfiber detergent but for my last wash i used that and 3 cap fulls of distilled vineagar.. the results were even better than using detergent alone. The towels were more plushy and soft.

iStig
06-11-2014, 09:28 AM
alright, sounds like im going to purchase a detergent made for microfiber towels, which one is the best?

a g thang
06-11-2014, 10:21 AM
All free and clear with a white vinegar rinse can't complain towels come out nice

Sent from Tapatalkrex