PDA

View Full Version : Menz SF4000 or Sonax Perfect Finish

KJW Detailing
06-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Good Evening,

I'm looking to add to my arsenal of detailing products. Today, I'm searching for the perfect new car detailing polish. We all know that most new cars come with dealership installed swirls and maybe even a few rids. However, a super light finishing polish like Menz SF4500 will remove the swirls, but the rids remain. On the flip side, Menz PF2500 is a bit to much for your standard new car one step polish.

Whats your opinion...please take into account that I also have to consider the cost and how far the product will go as it will be used regularly.

Thanks

rms64
06-09-2014, 06:20 PM
My opinion - try FG400. I have Sonax PF, Menz 4000 and 4500 and FG400 and always end up reaching for the FG400 if there's something more than minor swirls.

I know you're looking for a one-step and again, IMHO, FG400 finishes down beautifully - tough to find a lot of improvement if you come back with either PF or Menz 4000.

Just my $.02...good luck!

Kamakaz1961
06-09-2014, 06:57 PM
I use SF4500 for polishing cars that need "light" defect corrections or just simple polishing. I have never had an issue with any rids or anything of the sort. It is IMO 1 of the best polishing compounds and the car is ready for an LSP.

For a 1 Step then I agree with rms64...FG400. As for Sonax I cannot comment as I do not use their products. What I do know is that I think Menzerna is one of the elite polishing products around and they are hard to beat....from their compound polish to carauba wax.

JHL88
06-09-2014, 07:25 PM
I love SF4500 it will remove light defects and finish down perfect.

KJW Detailing
06-09-2014, 07:28 PM
I agree with you in the sense that Menzerna is one of the elite. It's currently all i use...I have SF4500, PF2500, and FG400. I never considered using the FG400 as a onestep polish, as I originally purchased it for compounding, in which it would be followed by a light polish. However, if I could use this as a true one step, then I see no reason to purchase the above mentioned products. With that said, I am looking for something to be used on a brand new vehicle and a cut of 9 might be a bit much?

GenesisCoupe
06-09-2014, 08:28 PM
I use Sonax Perfect finish for all my one step jobs. Never disappoints.

BayAreaTech
06-09-2014, 09:54 PM
From the above mentioned I only have experience with Sonax PF and use it exclusively and because pics express more than words. Hope this helps .http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/10/aqutevar.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/10/vurera4a.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/10/azu5adup.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/10/qy8ebape.jpg

nubaseal
06-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Both have long work time, high gloss finish. Menzerna is rather oily, does not cake up or saturate the pad easily. SPF is a micro polish and will saturate the pad easily. You will need to clean your pad frequently or change them after each panel. I would hazard a guess that the cut is almost similar on both. SPF finishes to a shocking gloss, something I am yet to see in another polish.

The Critic
06-10-2014, 06:29 AM
Interesting responses.

The OP says that PF2500 is too much for a one-step polish, but then one person tells him to use FG400...what?

I think M205 would work fine for your needs. It is a very versatile product - use it with MF pads on a LHR21ES for a lot of cut, then finish off using M205 and a finish foam.

If you plan to coat afterwards, Optimum Hyper Polish is also a good choice. I have played around with the new blue version and found it to cut and finish extremely well.

Just02896
06-10-2014, 07:40 AM
Interesting responses.

The OP says that PF2500 is too much for a one-step polish, but then one person tells him to use FG400...what?

I think M205 would work fine for your needs. It is a very versatile product - use it with MF pads on a LHR21ES for a lot of cut, then finish off using M205 and a finish foam.

If you plan to coat afterwards, Optimum Hyper Polish is also a good choice. I have played around with the new blue version and found it to cut and finish extremely well.

PF2500 cuts great but leaves DA haze and needs to be followed up with a fine polish for clarity. FG400 cuts well during the first few passes and then breaks down and works like a finer polish leaving many paint colors LSP ready.

GenesisCoupe
06-10-2014, 07:51 AM
Both have long work time, high gloss finish. Menzerna is rather oily, does not cake up or saturate the pad easily. SPF is a micro polish and will saturate the pad easily. You will need to clean your pad frequently or change them after each panel. I would hazard a guess that the cut is almost similar on both. SPF finishes to a shocking gloss, something I am yet to see in another polish.

I think i go through 3 pads total on a regular size car when using Sonax..not a new pad after each panel. I wouldn't keep using the Sonax if this was the case, especially when time is money.

M205 as mentioned before could be another option. The only downside is the dusting you can get from it.

porta
06-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Go for Sonax Perfect finish, it works so fast and is a dream to use. Oh, I almost forgot to write that the gloss it's deliver is awesome.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-10-2014, 11:28 AM
I would hazard a guess that the cut is almost similar on both.
No way. FG400 cuts way more.

SPF has very durable fillers.

HUMP DIESEL
06-10-2014, 12:12 PM
I use both, so there is my answer, get both. I have had vehicles where I used Sonax with a medium cut polishing pad and it worked to a tee. I use SF4000 after compounding with FG400, but I have also used FG400 as a one step and with correct technique, you can finish it down to a brilliant shine ready for LSP. I guess my point is that there really is not one size fits all. I do however stick with mostly Menzerna and Sonax products and dabble in Megs.

HUMP