PDA

View Full Version : D151 vs optimum gps

Kengo123
06-09-2014, 02:13 AM
To those of you who have used both products, which one do you like better and why? I'm looking for a new AIO. I'm used to using a bulk "professional" AIO, and it works ok but does a lot more filling than correcting. As of right now, I'm leaning toward d151 solely on price, but I am open to paying more for a better product. Also, I don't want to have both in my arsenal, bc I like to keep things simple

Lost Highway
06-09-2014, 04:47 AM
D151 has the most cut of any AIO I've used but I've only worked off a couple sample/gift bottles and I decided it was not a useful purchase for my amateur applications. I own GPS but again I don't use it much. It has more cut than most AIOs but significantly less than D151. I found it more predictable and user friendly than D151 but more practice with D151 might have rectified that. I also like the LSP aspect of GPS better.
Duragloss 501 is my go to AIO but it probably doesn't do what you want as it has little cut. 501 is a great paint cleaner and has, by far, the best LSP protection of any AIO I've used.
I have not used them but you might want to look at Scholl Concepts A15+ and Pinnacle XMT 360. I've heard positive comments about both and I know there are people using A15+ in commercial operations. Scholl claims it has as much, or nearly as much, cut as S17+ which is about a 5.

mwoolfso
06-09-2014, 05:49 AM
D151 has the most cut of any AIO I've used but I've only worked off a couple sample/gift bottles and I decided it was not a useful purchase for my amateur applications. I own GPS but again I don't use it much. It has more cut than most AIOs but significantly less than D151. I found it more predictable and user friendly than D151 but more practice with D151 might have rectified that. I also like the LSP aspect of GPS better.
Duragloss 501 is my go to AIO but it probably doesn't do what you want as it has little cut. 501 is a great paint cleaner and has, by far, the best LSP protection of any AIO I've used.
I have not used them but you might want to look at Scholl Concepts A15+ and Pinnacle XMT 360. I've heard positive comments about both and I know there are people using A15+ in commercial operations. Scholl claims it has as much, or nearly as much, cut as S17+ which is about a 5.

+1 .... could not have said it any better than this.

HateSwirls
06-09-2014, 05:55 AM
You'll love the D-151.

It removes light defects and leaves a nice gloss to the paint.
Very easy to wipe off and no dusting.

Mike Phillips
06-09-2014, 06:45 AM
To those of you who have used both products, which one do you like better and why? I'm looking for a new AIO. I'm used to using a bulk "professional" AIO, and it works ok but does a lot more filling than correcting. As of right now, I'm leaning toward d151 solely on price, but I am open to paying more for a better product. Also, I don't want to have both in my arsenal, bc I like to keep things simple

GPS is a lot less aggressive than D151. D151 is about as aggressive as you want to get and still leave a nice looking finish.

Check this article out...

How to choose a one-step cleaner/wax (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/81546-how-choose-one-step-cleaner-wax.html)

:xyxthumbs:

parttimer
06-09-2014, 07:32 AM
I can't comment on the GPS stuff, only the D151 but I think I am in love. For production, fast details it can't be beat. Pick the right pad and move on. I worked a Buick this weekend which was only washed for years with acid rain. The guy hit it with a rotary and did a better "Z" than Zoro on it! I'll be posting in the show n shine section shortly because I was just amazed with how well it came out. The owner said it looked better than when he bought it new, 10 years ago!

Kengo123
06-09-2014, 01:36 PM
It's clear! D151 it is

Thanks fellas