PDA

View Full Version : Superior Interior cleaner and conditioner

Paulyfe12
06-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Im looking for a higher grade interior cleaner and conditioner to replace my current cleaner. I use either meguiars quick interior detailer or Meguiars Ultimate interior cleaner. I actually like the cheaper quick interior detailer since it doesn't leave streaks like the ultimate does. so I figured id look at higher grade stuff. Ive thought about CG inner clean interior cleaner which I have considered but im not sure if I would like the pineapple scent. So I figured id ask you knowledge folks considered wolfgang or pinaclle and I have sampled blackfire, blackfire works great but the smell to too chemically and I think its just cleaning, not moisturizing or conditioning the plastic and rubber

spiralout462
06-08-2014, 09:23 PM
The Meg's Quik Interior Detailer is high quality in my opinion. If you want to try a substitute, 1Z Cockpit Premium is awesome.

Paulyfe12
06-08-2014, 09:32 PM
oh I love MQD but like I said I wanna see if there is something better out there. and is the 1Z cleaner just a cleaner or does it have conditioning properties as well? worried about sun damage as much as keeping it clean

Audios S6
06-08-2014, 09:44 PM
CG inner clean smells to me like a pineapple lifesaver candy. Light to moderate cleaning ability. It does darken/enrich trim just a little. I've read and inferred from a couple places that it's not for leather, haven't tried that yet though.

All-in-all, I like inner clean, but I want just a little more cleaning and dressing ability from it; as such, I would not call it 'superior'

TD_05
06-08-2014, 09:48 PM
I agree, 1Z Cockpit Premium is great. Spendy though. However I am not really impressed with the 1Z deep plastic cleaner. for interior degreaser there are less expensive options. I like 3D interior degreaser, uncut.

swanicyouth
06-08-2014, 10:16 PM
I think the confusion comes in where you may be trying to do a 2 step process with a one step product. To do it right, you need to clean the interior and then protect it. Since nobody can really define "conditioning" - you may want to skip that. They do make all in one type interior cleaner/protector protects. However, none of them will clean or protect very well.

Most dedicated interior cleaners that work well smell bad IMHO. if your looking for something good to clean your interior with that is dirt cheap - get Sonus All in 1. For like 12 bucks you can make like 30 x 16oz bottles (dilution is 1:30 for general interior cleaning).

To protect it once it's clean, the overwhelming favorite is Ultima Interior Guard +. I also like the stuff from BlackFire - it looks better but doesn't last as long.

Any smell that may be left over from cleaning can usually be removed by wiping off cleaning remnants with DI water. Do this prior to protecting.

mcochris
06-08-2014, 10:56 PM
1Z Blitz is a good APC that smells good, not too strong.

Paulyfe12
06-08-2014, 11:02 PM
I see your point, so whats a good 2 product combo for cleaning and protection that wont leave streaks? Also I wouldn't mind it if it smelled decent. I know ultima guard is your protectant of choice, so would a ultima cleaner be best with it?

swanicyouth
06-08-2014, 11:06 PM
I see your point, so whats a good 2 product combo for cleaning and protection that wont leave streaks? Also I wouldn't mind it if it smelled decent. I know ultima guard is your protectant of choice, so would a ultima cleaner be best with it?

I like Sonus All in 1 (not an all in 1 interior product - name implies it can clean all things in 1 product) or DP Interior Cleaner. Really, anything designed for interior cleaning and not a "general APC" is what I would use and will work well. You really can't go wrong with Wolfgang, BlackFire, DP, or Pinnacle. They are all quality products. Ultima makes an interior shampoo that is supposed to be very good - I've never used it. I'm not sure if it's for fabrics only though.

Paulyfe12
06-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Do you know which cleaners are PH balanced? and I have sampled Blackfires interior cleaner before, its does a slightly better job than my meguiars quik interior cleaner, but doesn't smell as nice.

swanicyouth
06-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Do you know which cleaners are PH balanced? and I have sampled Blackfires interior cleaner before, its does a slightly better job than my meguiars quik interior cleaner, but doesn't smell as nice.

Nope, no idea. That is why I recommended an "interior cleaner" (a cleaner that specifically states it's safe for interiors) opposed to just APC. If it's a reputable brand, it will be safe on 99% of the surfaces out there and use safer surfactants to clean.

I just let the chemists that formulate this type of product do their job. I can pretty much tell you anything you buy from AG that says it's an "interior cleaner " is going to be pretty safe.

It's just when you use stuff like Simple Green, Spray Nine, Windex, Purple Power, or some other degreaser that isn't designed for interiors where you run into problems. If you stick with Pinnacle, BlackFire, DP, or Wolfgang you will be good.

Smell is subjective... There I dunno.

KillaCam
06-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Meguiars #40.