PDA

View Full Version : DP Paint Coating Question

TrolleyVW
06-08-2014, 06:32 PM
I've read the Poor Beading From DP paint coating (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/dp/71988-poor-beading-dp-paint-coating.html) thread and it was stated that a member applied 2 coats 24 hours apart.

If the paint is prepped properly with the DP coating Prep Polish and the coating is applied, left for 24-48 hours in the elements (water and pollen), not washed or touched at all by hand or product, and then I want to apply another coat, is there an issue potentially with bonding? Is there even a benefit to doing so? And if there may/may not be a benefit, would "cleaning" the relatively fresh coating with DP Prep Polish have any effect, positive or negative?

TrolleyVW
06-09-2014, 07:09 AM
Anybody?

Dan K
06-09-2014, 07:20 AM
Personally, I would just leave it with one coat and see how the beading is when you wash it. I have had good luck with the coating so far the few times that I have used it. I apply a little more than stated on the bottle.

If you wanted to apply a second coat now, you would have to remove any dust, pollen, etc. beforehand.

You can always use Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer on top of the DP coating. It will give you insane beading and sheeting, and will help avoid water spots. That would be my recommendation.

Kyle_Elantra
06-09-2014, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't use the Prep Polish again, but a quick wash (waterless, rinseless) would be needed if it's been exposed to the elements.

I'd recommend wiping it with at least a QD even if it was in a garage.