PDA

View Full Version : Using Black Label Diamond Surface coating on Boat?? Did I waste my time??

mtmilam
06-08-2014, 05:07 PM
I just buffed and Got the shine back on our 42' sailboat…just the shiny Deck sides, the Hull is later, if this works..….I washed it afterwards and had a clean surface.

I used Pinnacle Black label Surface Coating which I followed the Directions…..Says it will last 3 years??……Will this work on a Boat??? I did use the BL polish, by hand, before the Diamond surface coating. Will this keep the boat form Oxidizing and will it bead water for 3 years???? I find that hard to believe…Although I did use the Black Fire Paint Sealant WOWA last year and it lasted about 7 months…..

Or Should I just use a Collinite marine Wax….OR…will it still Oxidize each year, no matter what you put on it?

Thanks for any info…It aint fun swinging a buffer for 2 days, :D

BrianMcLeod
06-08-2014, 05:14 PM
It's a good coating! It should last. the only thing I see is if it being in the water has anything to do with. It shouldn't but I done know maybe others will chime in

mtmilam
06-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Well, it won't be "in" the water…its on the top deck…and I may do the sides of the Hull…But the Hull that is "in" the water has Bottom paint. Thanks for the reply…
Mark