PDA

View Full Version : Trying not to buy any more wax.

Pages : [1] 2 3

DRamsey
06-08-2014, 04:44 PM
For some reason I've gotten obsessed with trying some Auto Finesse wax, specifically Auto Finesse Spirit, which is, for me, on the expensive side. I've got a pile of Dodo Juice, Pete's 53, P21S and probably enough wax to last at least half a life time. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to tell any difference between Dodo Juice Diamond White, Rubbish Boys Juiced Edition or maybe even anything else I've got in my collection. Please, talk me out of buying more high end wax. It's an addiction.

refreshauto
06-08-2014, 05:01 PM
where are you in NC, im in wake forest. i have the Auto Finesse Spirit. it is a great wax, but i think you have plenty already

Dogfather
06-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Maybe you'll be more comfortable buying the Spirit if you first decimate your wax surplus through trades for other (non wax) stuff you could use.

Coopers ST
06-08-2014, 05:07 PM
I wish I could find people like you near me. I would love to help you out and buy some of your opened stuff so I could try it. It would be so much cheaper than buying new stuff and paying shipping.

tpr1634
06-08-2014, 05:20 PM
I think most are over hyped and overpriced, I wised up and it's 845 here on out.:buffing:

JHL88
06-08-2014, 05:22 PM
I recently bought AF Spirit, along with Son1c Phoenix and Pinnacle Souveran. I REALLY want to try Sonus Ion Coating.

CaneCharger
06-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Keep buying if you enjoy it...life is tooooo short! Buy away!

I guess that really does not help you, huh?

06-08-2014, 05:27 PM
As long as your happy, who cares!!!

JHL88
06-08-2014, 05:32 PM
oh and DDJ SN :)

Kamakaz1961
06-08-2014, 05:42 PM
DRamsey!! I am in the same boat you are!! LOL I do like trying out new waxes! I have quite a bit in my collection now. I just recently bought Pinnacle Souvern wax, Victoria Red, and Menzerna Carnuba. I am waiting for a big sale and I will end up buying Pinnacle Black Label Synergy!

It is fun, I can afford it and love trying out new waxes. This is an addiction!! A fun one though!!

DRamsey
06-08-2014, 07:25 PM
where are you in NC, im in wake forest. i have the Auto Finesse Spirit. it is a great wax, but i think you have plenty already

I'm in Roxboro, NC. I'd love to trade you something in my stash for whatever's left of your Spirit. I've got Rain Forest Rub, Dodo Juice Rubbish Boys Juiced Edition, Orange Crush, Diamond White, maybe some other stuff I can't think of.

TundraPower
06-08-2014, 07:32 PM
For some reason I've gotten obsessed with trying some Auto Finesse wax, specifically Auto Finesse Spirit, which is, for me, on the expensive side. I've got a pile of Dodo Juice, Pete's 53, P21S and probably enough wax to last at least half a life time. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to tell any difference between Dodo Juice Diamond White, Rubbish Boys Juiced Edition or maybe even anything else I've got in my collection. Please, talk me out of buying more high end wax. It's an addiction.

"Spirit" is a nice wax but "Desire" is a lot better. It's only like $200 shipped. Don't deprive yourself of some pleasure...buy it and enjoy it.

custmsprty
06-08-2014, 08:07 PM
I'm in Roxboro, NC. I'd love to trade you something in my stash for whatever's left of your Spirit. I've got Rain Forest Rub, Dodo Juice Rubbish Boys Juiced Edition, Orange Crush, Diamond White, maybe some other stuff I can't think of.

Pass on the Spirit, Pete's is better and Less $$

quiksilver_ben3
06-08-2014, 08:32 PM
I love spirit, it does have a little bit a learning curve, but Damn is it worth it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AG Online

FUNX650
06-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Please, talk me out of buying more high end wax.
Why does it seem that there often is a kind of desperate need for some folks to be told by others what, or what not, to do...(which I find really peculiar living in America).

And, then when you do tell them:
They're not interested---(Why? Because America is also a country where everybody's opinion is considered just that...their opinion)---and they really don't give a damn what others may think.

Conversely:
Since I've no desperate need to tell anyone what (or what not) to do...I, too, am not interested.

So, to me: Overall it's a very odd experience.

Bob