PDA

View Full Version : Wheel cleaners --- poor boys vs. Wolfgang uber vs. sonax?

spewking
06-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Trying to decide which would be better to clean wheels and inside rims of brake dust and other contaminates prior to sealing wheels. Which one would you recommend?

Thanks.

refreshauto
06-08-2014, 11:21 AM
i havent tried poor boys or the WG, but i am a firm believer in Sonax or Iron-X. there is also a new Sonax wheel cleaner plus that i have yet to try, but will be when my current supply of Sonax FE runs out.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-08-2014, 11:44 AM
i havent tried poor boys or the WG, but i am a firm believer in Sonax or Iron-X. there is also a new Sonax wheel cleaner plus that i have yet to try, but will be when my current supply of Sonax FE runs out.

I agree.

OP, Your better off with Wolfgang Uber or either of the Sonax wheel cleaners.

DaveT435
06-08-2014, 11:46 AM

:iagree:

Sonax works great. I also have not used the other two.

NeoFeudalSerf
06-08-2014, 12:32 PM
I used all 3 mentioned above including iron x and DP.

Sonax is my lest favorite. I'm currently using Poor Boys as it works just as good as the rest and is cheaper. I also use iron X.

All of the products are quality products so for me it comes down to price. Iron X i use for decontamination in addition to rims.

HateSwirls
06-08-2014, 12:38 PM
I'd use the Uber.....

I get good results with it.

Lost Highway
06-08-2014, 12:45 PM
SONAX Full Effect Wheel Cleaner is excellent. I just received SONAX Wheel Cleaner Plus and haven't used it yet but the the early reports suggest that it is an improvement. I can report that the Scholl Concepts Rim 7 (probably my favorite), 1Z ColourTec and Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner are all very effective too but I haven't tried the Wolfgang or the Poorboy's. Iron X is my go to for paint decontamination but not the best tool for the job when it comes to wheel cleaning.

van185
06-08-2014, 01:05 PM
I've tried them all and have chosen Poorboys as my favorite. Poorboys seems to clean better and is easier to use.

spewking
06-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Thanks. They all are highly rated in reviews. The sonax wc plus is supposed to be stronger than sonax fe. I may get smaller spray bottles of all 4 and compare.

01GreyStangGT
06-08-2014, 03:42 PM
The Wolfgang is great. I'm on my second bottle.

Wes Bremec
06-08-2014, 04:56 PM
I tried sonax full effect and liked it. I tried dp wheel cleaner and liked it. I tried wg uber wheel cleaner and loved it. 2 gallons are now at my disposal :)

primo spaghetti
06-10-2014, 08:43 PM
if these are your choices, go with sonax.

if youre looking for something out of this world, but smell is worse than anything, try 1z colortec.

parttimer
06-11-2014, 08:51 AM
I find Uber to be just a TAD less powerful than Sonax, both work great, Uber is my first choice if that doesn't work, Sonax, if that doesn't work, TRIX.