BILL
06-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Anyone try this??

Duragloss AquaWax

=============
Please, no links to competitors products

Surfer
06-11-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm about to buy some, especially after seeing pics of it topping Natty's Blue which I use, looked incredible. If you check other detailing forums it's getting top notch reviews, their car wash is excellent as well. Durability is impressive as well, somebody on autopia had it on and after winter it was still beading and looked like new :righton:.

Here was a pic from a guy over there on his Gold Nissan with Natty's Blue topped with AW
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d164/Sludge55/IMG_0029.jpg

BILL
06-11-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm about to buy some, especially after seeing pics of it topping Natty's Blue which I use, looked incredible. If you check other detailing forums it's getting top notch reviews, their car wash is excellent as well. Durability is impressive as well. edit - trying to find the thread with aw:righton:.

Would like to see some pics, but i dont have.....

It is a spray....detailer i guess......looks like it in the picture...
anyway......will you buy from that site...?? i guess so huh?;)

Surfer
06-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Would like to see some pics, but i dont have.....

It is a spray....detailer i guess......looks like it in the picture...
anyway......will you buy from that site...?? i guess so huh?;)I don't think you can get it from any site besides Duragloss site? Places like Carquest and Nappa carry the stuff. It's a polymer spray sealant that happens to work even extremely well over a Carnauba and improve the look. Whereas others either won't bond well or would mute the look of a nuba.

There are some threads on topia and detailcity, I think every single person using it has ranked it higher then the aftermarket stuff they bought even the pros. Said the car wash was excellent as well, their paste wax seems to be decent, nothing special.

ScottB
06-11-2006, 02:06 PM
I would highly suggest trying another product called Finish Kare 425. Likely to see the same gloss and benefits (I did) and you can get it quite cheap in gallon format.

Surfer
06-11-2006, 02:15 PM
I would highly suggest trying another product called Finish Kare 425. Likely to see the same gloss and benefits (I did) and you can get it quite cheap in gallon format.425 is just a QD'er though right? AW is a spray wax that can be used as an LSP with great durability. I've been trying to get pics but weather here has been sucky, should have some later this week hopefully of Natty's topped with AW.

BILL
06-11-2006, 02:18 PM
I don't think you can get it from any site besides Duragloss site? Places like Carquest and Nappa carry the stuff. It's a polymer spray sealant that happens to work even extremely well over a Carnauba and improve the look. Whereas others either won't bond well or would mute the look of a nuba.

There are some threads on topia and detailcity, I think every single person using it has ranked it higher then the aftermarket stuff they bought even the pros. Said the car wash was excellent as well, their paste wax seems to be decent, nothing special.

im gonna try it.....thanks......we'll keep eachother posted as to our opinion on this stuff.... besides with all the hype the price may hype also:p
:cheers:

Surfer
06-11-2006, 02:24 PM
im gonna try it.....thanks......we'll keep eachother posted as to our opinion on this stuff.... besides with all the hype the price may hype also:p
:cheers::righton: , I know a buddy of mine has tried it after read all the reviews. He has a layer topping Collinite (which seems to be a common combo) and going on 1 month and a half looks just like the day he put it on even with all the washes and rain. Brought out a deeper, wetter look to Collinite as well (he uses 915).

ScottB
06-11-2006, 02:46 PM
425 is just a QD'er though right?

No, actually it is what I consider a QD+ , as it offers poly (water based) sealant protection, UV Inhibitors, and anti-static properties also.

BILL
06-11-2006, 02:48 PM
No, actually it is what I consider a QD+ , as it offers poly (water based) sealant protection, UV Inhibitors, and anti-static properties also.

As does UGE.......??

ScottB
06-11-2006, 07:03 PM
As does UGE.......??

yes ... but you have to try 425 for yourself. At first I was not anamored with it. Reminded me of Sonus Acrylic Spritz, easy to use and no streaking and slicker finish. However the gloss factor changed appreciably (very noticable) several hours after use. I rather enjoy its look and ease of use over all sealants. I recently sent Neothin a bottle, maybe he will chime in as he has had it for over a week currently.

I will revisit AW shortly, as I borrowed from a local friend, and only used it once.