PDA

View Full Version : Megs 7

808_detail_nut
06-08-2014, 01:49 AM
My pops was going through his garage and found a bottle of megs 7 glaze. He called me up and said i shoukd get it or he is gonna throw it out. I have never used it and was wondering you thoughts to those who have. I'm getting it regardless by the way. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

oldmodman
06-08-2014, 02:09 AM
For certain types of jobs it is the only product to use.

If you have a faded, dry, old single stage paint it is the perfect first step. Just wash the original paint. Wipe on a heavy coat of #7 by hand and leave it on the surface overnight. Then wipe off by hand using a terry cloth towel. You may even want to do several coats. it will bring the life back to an old paint job like nothing else. Then you can polish the paint if it even needs it.

808_detail_nut
06-08-2014, 03:10 AM
Heard about that, thanks I got just the project for it to try out on.

Lost Highway
06-08-2014, 04:30 AM
Megs #7 is an oily, old school, glaze. If you're going to apply it before polishing I suggest reapplying after the correction as you'll remove most, if not all, of it in the correction process. It works great under high carnauba content waxes like Auto Finesse Illusion for that deep, wet look but I wouldn't suggest using it under sealants.

808_detail_nut
06-08-2014, 05:11 AM
I also heard that. Seems like it's a "car show" product or for a garage queen. Maybe if someone was selling their car and wanted it to look good for a short time. Not so much a daily driver. Guess I'll just have to try it out on my truck to see but I don't think I will be using it much. What if I sealed it and then applied it with a carnauba on top????