PDA

View Full Version : Scissor lift

frankprozzoly
06-07-2014, 09:43 PM
Anyone know anything about a company called bendpak? I'd like to buy a portable scissor lift at some point. If anybody knows anything about these, give me your thoughts

conquistador
06-07-2014, 10:01 PM
Good company that makes quality lifts. Do not hesitate to buy. Just shop around on prices.

TurboToys
06-07-2014, 10:04 PM
your talking about their setup that runs about 950. just saw some reviews on them on another forum. definitely good stuff. i wouldn't worry at all about buying from them. the ones i'm talking about aren't a scissor style, but are 3" tall when down, and elevate to 24" fully extended, and the smaller support 3500 lbs, larger support 5000 i believe. very good stuff.

Pureshine
06-08-2014, 12:22 AM
Make sure you have the right insurance before you use one on a customers car and if your planing on taking off wheels!

TurboToys
06-08-2014, 12:53 AM
i would home someone would have insurance when doing any correctional work, vs a scissor lift....

oldmodman
06-08-2014, 02:12 AM
BendPak make a great high quality product. I have had one of their older four post lifts for about ten years now. And mine must be kept outside. It still looks and works like new.

The scissors lift is great for doing suspension and wheel work. But it doesn't lift high enough to do exhaust or transmission work. I guess that it goes high enough for making it easy to get to the loser sides and lower edges too.

frankprozzoly
06-08-2014, 06:02 AM
This is just for my cars. Change oil, rotate tires easier. Stuff like that. I have to do some research. If they are on wheels, do they move easily. Can you leave them in the garage and park over it. My driveway is gravel so it'd be difficult to move it out of the garage