PDA

View Full Version : Time

mbpress01
06-07-2014, 05:52 PM
I recently purchased a black lexus gs 350 and started getting into detailing as a hobbyist. I noticed a ton of a swirls, holograms water spots etc. I have used a non abrasive polish and pinnacle wax and it came out great but I know all the bad stuff is there. I don't want to do any correction and like everyone else I am short on time so I purchased a 3 inch gg, a rupes 15 and all the pads and microfiber anyone could use - my neighbor asked "when I am going into business".

So here is the question: I have 2-4 hrs per weekend to work on the car and want to do a wash dry and one step cleaner wax but have it look amazing. Is this unrealistic. I don't mind doing two steps (polish wax) but need the best products and advice to have it be most efficient and get that deep wet look shine. Any comments appreciated.

Thx to all. This is a great forum.

swanicyouth
06-07-2014, 06:00 PM
I don't want to do any correction and like everyone else I am short on time so I purchased a 3 inch gg, a rupes 15 and all the pads and microfiber anyone could use - my neighbor asked "when I am going into business".

Confused... You don't want to do correction but bought a Rupes? What are you planning on using it for?

If your short on time you can work on one panel at a time to get the car corrected. 2-4 hrs isn't enough time to wash a car and polish it. Just re-wax each panel as you go along.

Id probably start with washing, IronXing, and claying the car. Them apply a spray wax. Next week, work on a panel. The only problem is, every time you "work on a panel", the car will have to be perfectly clean - or at least the area you are working on will.

It would be much more efficient to take a weekend to do the whole thing at one time. Or, maybe even renting or borrowing a car and working on it at night so you don't have to keep washing it to work on it.

mbpress01
06-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Bought the rupes to apply a clear coat safe pinnacle paint cleanser. Then finish with souvern wax. I am no expert and swirls are just going to be there. I am not experienced enough to even attempt "correction". Hiding swirls is fine for me. Based on what you said I will do the wash clay paint cleaner wax. I am hoping that will take 4-5 hrs.

refreshauto
06-07-2014, 09:08 PM
did you get the Rupes polishes also? the good thing about Lexus is the paint is soft and you can use the least aggressive products and pads you have. 4-5 hrs you are going to have to hustle to get that done. it took me the better part of 8hrs to do an ES350. it wasnt perfect by any means, but it came out looking real good. i used the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze and the Wolfgand Deep Paint Sealant x2.

the good thing is that the Rupes is really easy to work with and should knock that car out with no problems